Ridiculous Time Estimates

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by EconDoc, Nov 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EconDoc

EconDoc Guest

I needed to do an image restore a few days ago (and thankfully it worked!..Thanks Acronis). I chose (1) verify Archive, (2) restore and (3) verify restored files. The entire job took about 40 minutes. BUT ACRONIS CONTINUED TO ESTIMATE 3 DAYS TO COMPLETE THE JOB!

I recently did a "verify archive". The verification took about 13 minutes, basically as long as the backup. But the time estimates was 5 minutes.

Acronis. Can't you do better than this?

2. crofttk

crofttk Registered Member

I seem to remember observing that behavior myself with one of the earlier builds of TI 9. Would you happen to be running one of the TI 9 builds before 2302, Doc ?

3. Econdoc

Econdoc Guest

Nope, I am running 2302.

4. crofttk

crofttk Registered Member

Then I guess it's a continuing problem, especially if it does this past the first few seconds of an operation.:mad:

5. herojig

herojig Registered Member

I;ve got ATI 8 b903, and the times are always wacky. rule of thumb: long time! except to just restore a tiny c-partition:)

6. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

I note that, when booting from the boot rescue CD, the inconsistency between the "Current Opertion" and the "Total Operation" progress bars is still present in Build 2302. I detailed this in reation to Build 2289 in a previous thread titled <USB 2 speeds when using the bootable CD>.

Perhaps Acronis Support could confirm whether the Development Team are aware of this GUI problem and are addressing it?

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.