RFW 2009 (Rising Firewall) Free + RIS 2009 Free

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Someone, Jul 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zen_usuario

zen_usuario Registered Member

This success only if you've downloaded the trial version ("free download", but not free app use).
    There is a free version also.

2. zen_usuario

I've retrieved 150/340 in the past, (january 2009) with RFW&RAV free editions. But some things weren't clear for me also in these tests, because rising adverted me, I've chossed denieded, and the CLT test showed me failed.

If you are interested what & how I've "home made" tested (because I'm not a proff, only a curious home user), I've published it with some screenshots here: http://ssupdater.com/modules/Forums/index.php?showtopic=3859&st=40

CLT test also can be conducted clicking twice every single test showed in the main CLT window.

3. blacknight

blacknight Registered Member

Thanks zen_usuario for the link. ;) But you talked about an " extra tool " of Rising, but I could find it.

4. tipstir

tipstir Registered Member

Rising Extra Tools Link

Attached Files:

5. zen_usuario

I wasn't, was Tipstir the man talked you about.
    You can find some interesting tools at "Tools" tab.;)

6. Sam Hell

Sam Hell Registered Member

Hi again. This thread has become long since i was here last and i should probably read again when i get a chance, sorry my time on line is as limited as my monthly cost of bandwidth is very expensive, and i hope i have not overlooked something obvious from another's post or veered OT.

I have used rfwfree09.exe since 2/09 and have updated at least 2x/mo. w/o issue. I have been gone about 2wks and just returned home. Upon starting comp. i got msg. rfw expired, enter key & username. I went to GRC to scan all ports to check if fw was still functional and found 1055 (license mgr) "closed". I updated to v. 21.43.60 rfw reboot, expire popup returned. After this time GRC scan shows 1027-8 & 1030-55 closed.
    My questions would be is it broken, or could filename with "free" be like a 90 day trial? Should i start from scratch or try to find another copy, or just hold on and see what comes?

Great. Now the firefox has crashed and will not reopen links to Wilders and Google translator pages for other links to Rising free products so i will finish this letter and find the page i meant to post to and hope for some comment before i leave again.
    Cheers all.

7. zen_usuario

Hi Sam,

I'm using different RISING free versions since aprox 1 year ago, and never, never, I've got an "expired license" msg. This, in principle, success only with trial versions (downloadable for free) from the RISING main page.

RISING assured me (by e-mail reply) that free versions are and will be free for the time.

rfwfree09.exe is the correct name for his firewall 2009 free edition, but I don't know the source from you have downloaded, perhaps the name is the correct but not the installer (name changed?).

These are the links from I allways I've retrieved the free updated versions of RISING softwares:

RISING Internet Security 2009 (RIS): http://rsdownload.rising.com.cn/for_down/rsfree/risfree09.exe

RISING Anti Virus 2009 (RAV): http://rsdownload.rising.com.cn/for_down/rsfree/ravfree09.exe

RISING Personal Firewall 2009 (RFW): http://rsdownload.rising.com.cn/for_down/rsfree/rfwfree09.exe

RISING PC Doctor (RPCDOC): http://www.rising-global.com/download/rising_pc_doctor/RPCDOC.exe

I've experimented with all these versions from the described links without license issues.
    My current setup is RIS 2009 free on Windows 7 RC, and 2 mounths ago was RFW + RAV 2009 free on Windows XP.

Good luck!;)

zen_usuario

Last edited: Jun 21, 2009
  8. Less

Less Registered Member

Thanks for the links..... :thumb: :thumb:

9. Sam Hell

Cool, zen_usuario, you have saved me untold time and frustration by linking to here. I have already dl'd all and anticipate a couple of days this week to lay back in home office and try all.

Salud y mucho gratitud! :D

Last edited: Jun 21, 2009
  10. tipstir

Rules from Wilders you wouldn't allowed to post direct links here. What I've posted on another site host are the same files as your links. There are some systems showing a message saying the free has become a trial version. Only notice that on one system. I'll fix that one but it's being used right at the
    moment.

But free should be free unless Rising has changed their mine. There is two different versions of free. One that reads: Rising the other one reads: Rising (Chinese letters)

Try running the full update with a force again.. To fix it..

11. zen_usuario

I've to correct one thing, once a time I've had an "expired license" issue with RAV free, I've asked to risingsupport, they replyed me that it was an error, and they solved it for the next update.

I agree with Tipstir that an update can correct this. (unclick "Update Virus Definitions Only" from the "Schedule SmartUpdate" tab at "Detailed Settings". This allows the update of components). Right click on icon tray>SmartUpdate Now and see if new components updates are available.

All the links I've posted are hosted by RISING, the vendor, so I'm thinking no Wilder´s rules have been broken.

Good day :)

12. tipstir

Wow! This is like a domino effect! 21.44.04 requiring registering and buying the product! I have to look elsewhere now for IS. I've loaded another one that I had use prior . So far that has detected 17 infections, that RIS 2009 didn't pick-up. Well I guess what turns around comes back to get yeah!

To get around this you would have to remove the product and don't let the product restart. Revo Uninstall everything the product left behind, but Rising is good there.
    Doing so it seems not to do anything. Maybe best to not update the product and only the defs but that would make you unprotected if the modules are buggy.

See the below pop-up message. This also disables your protections too.. Bad!

Attached Files:

13. tipstir

Okay another system had 65 infections this is crazy.. Well I'll wrap it up for RIS 2009.. I'll still use Rising PC Doctor for OS/Patches an etc.
    Back to PC Tools Internet Security 2009 for now!
    Everyone here it's been real good luck!

14. deadmeat

deadmeat Registered Member

I've been trying to ages to get to the bottom of this "free" thing myself as I'm trying to prepare a review for my own website which was to include Rising Personal Firewall.

Today I received an email direct from Arthur Meng at Rising who informs me that the only free Rising products now are Antivirus and PC Doctor.
    Anyone using the Internet Security or Firewall from links marked as "free" are promotional concessions for China mainland only and at some point when you connect with them will either expire or revert to a trial version.

As we only review freeware it's back to drawing board!
    Pity because I did like Rising PF.

15. tipstir

Well good to know.. After removing the product a lot of things started to work again. So I don't think if the RIS 2009 ever became free again wouldn't I go back!

16. Sam Hell

:ouch: I suppose my "free" RAV will be expiring like firewall any moment now. Nice while it lasted, just what i needed in FW & AV, not heavy, intrusive, or obtuse for free. Will not pay as for what i've read Rising is short of other pay for majors.

Would have to sell my computer to afford pay for any sw.:cautious:

It's raining here now, rare for my region, think i'll go stand outside awhile.:'(

That was refreshing. Plus i dried off and reread tipstir msg#287 and realize that i only update optionally defs and eng. in RAVfree and it has not yet expired.
    RFWfree does not have same option but i always update both in same session. Therefore perhaps thorough uninstall of fw might revert to original prog!?
    Will run av 1st i think to see since i have not run in a month, rely instead on resident and folder\file scan. If it works, i will redo fw and see, perhaps tomorrow.

Query: have you heard of a legit prog that can not be removed using for instance Revo and will revert to timeout even after reinstall from older file?

Last edited: Jun 23, 2009
  17. zen_usuario

:gack:
    RIS free updated to 21.44.10 and still fully functional without license issues here.

If something changes, I'll inform you. :gack:

18. tipstir

You would have to rebuild your system and start with the 21.44.10, to get it to work. I have image backups. But once restored with RIS 2009 it still did gave me the message but this time in 100% Chinese. Lately but I've notice that accessing to some rules don't get saved. That's why after uninstalling it the program everything worked again.

I feel someone snitched to Rising and now we can't use the program for free like we're be doing.. My Server was done as Rising didn't update and crashed that system. What a pain.

Ran PC Tools Internet Security 2009 latest version with my license and that locked up one system and cause software not to run. Got errors like couldn't communicate. Once that was uninstalled all software worked.

Now I hated to do it but running Comodo IS 3.9 it works on server but, I have to get it to see my web server as that's down. Can't even remote into that server now I got to go to it. RIS 2009 everything worked out of the box for the time I had it.

Not much free IS programs that work right. Well at least I have Rising PC Doctor to use with Comodo IS 3.9. Real pain getting everything off the systems I have and then installing CIS 3.9 real pain for updates. But scans seem to go quick. I had taken a chance with Rising, but again like PC Tools another let down.

If you guys can get RIS 2009 working again let me know otherwise I got to move on..

Take care..

19. tipstir

Take care of yourself don't worry there are other AV that are free out there, not many though. You should be good with the free RAV that's free. It's the RFW and RIS that's saying free but doesn't let you go beyond and won't update and won't protect the system. Makes nonsense to keep it installed.

20. tipstir

Can you post your image of the first page.. I wanted to see something.. When did you install this program?

21. zen_usuario

Here is:

RIS09.PNG

I've installed 20 days ago on Windows 7 RC. Previously I've used it on XP Home for 3 mounths.

22. tipstir

So the above is from the 20 days old Windows 7 RC installation.. So after 90 days let's see what happens to you? Is this still running on the XP Home both after 3 months?

Are you doing full updates (program and virus def) or just the virus def only? I had to restore another wireless laptop and older version of RIS 2009 was on it but as soon as I load up the OS RIS in chinese tells me I have to but it to active it.

23. zen_usuario

Hi,
    I'm fully updating it (program components and virus def). I'll keep my installation on both OS's, still waiting with it for to see if something changes or not (about license issues).

Here my Windows XP around 3 months or more old RAV & RFW free 2009 installation:

RAV09.jpg
    RFW09.jpg

Before I've used the 2008 free apps versions.

Also, my girlfriend has RIS09 free installed on her XP, using it for around 3 months without license issues and full functionalo_O

24. tipstir

Well RIS 2009 something is triggering them to be purchased and registered on the 8 systems including server on run the program on. Free RAV should be okay. Still RFW free too but I haven't installed that again. I'll have to test RFW and RAV on another system and see how that goes. I did like the RIS 2009 but it crashed the server badly. These programs should not be removed with Revo if so they can damage the Registry.

Comodo Internet Security Free with Rising PC Doctor 6.0.0.32 seems fine. Someone needs to to a full test on both Rising Internet Security 2009 with CIS.
    Let's take this one here called Kingsoft Internet Security 9 Plus it like Rising Internet Security it says free but if you look deeper it's has only 90 days usage then it stops working. Rising need to do that with it software.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2009
  25. pandlouk

pandlouk Registered Member

@tipstir & zen_usuario

RIS and RFW free are meant for cinese region users (if I am not mistaken).

The activation issues may depend from the region that you live.
    For example:
    cinese region update requests -> redirected to server A (no activation is needed)
    Non cinese regions update requests -> redirected to server B (triggers an activation).

Panagiotis

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.