Returnil

Discussion in 'Returnil releases' started by karad, Sep 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. karad

karad Registered Member

Is Returnil free version safe for install on a vista Premium pc (machine is Turion 64x2,but Vista is 32 bit)?
    I remember a few horror stories during the past year of assorted BSODs,that's why I'd rather ask before making a fatal mistake.
    What i fear is the chance that using sleep or suspension while in a Returnil-virtualised state there might be problems at boot.
    Anyone?

2. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

Hello karad,
    The current release version has an incompatibility with Vista Hibernation mode. Simply turn hibernation off and you should be fine. We are are testing a solution for this in the current 2.01 Beta version and plan to release the fix in the final release version.

Mike

3. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Sounds good. Returnil has outlasted many products in the virtualization field and it is obviously still being and will continue to be developed.

4. subset

subset Registered Member

Don't think you will make a mistake.
    I have translated Returnil just out of curiosity and have tested the translation with versions 2.0.0.5007, 2.0.0.5011, 2.0.1.7067 and 2.0.1.7098 and with two computers.
    No BSODs or any other problems.

Cheers

5. karad

karad Registered Member

Thanks to all for replying.
    Coldmoon,I've used your program on XP machines with tremendous satisfaction for a long time and i wouldnt go without it and a ltd account for all the gold of the world...(well,perhaps for a small part of it) and i think giving up hibernation is a very small sacrifice and worth doing.
    I hope you'll fix this soon,anyway.

subset, your experience is a further encouragement to install it with good faith for the best: when dealing with Vista you can never tell if you will safely reboot.....

6. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

No problems running the latest returnil beta on vista business here. Its been smooth sailing all the way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.