Returnil Virtual System 2010 GAOTD free today only

Discussion in 'Returnil releases' started by acr1965, Oct 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NICK ADSL UK

NICK ADSL UK Administrator

your very welcome :)

2. SIR****TMG

SIR****TMG Registered Member

45 days " NO WAY " I'll pass on this for sure :thumbd:

3. SIR****TMG

The last time it was good for a full year..................:thumbd:

4. libor

libor Returnil Support

Hi all,

thanks for your feedback and patience. Please try downloading RVS from our website one more time ( http://www.returnilvirtualsystem.com/rvs-home-lux ) and use your GOTD license key to register the version again. Unfortunately, due to a small human error, the license was set to the wrong date, however, this was now rectified and the license is now valid for 1 year from activation. It is full RVS 2010 Home Lux version license (not a trial).

Thanks for understanding.

5. ZZZ

ZZZ Registered Member

I haven't noticed the date issue and thought it was till the end of November of the coming year. So, Returnil 2010 is still kept installed on my system. Is that enough to "re-register" or should I have to go through uninstall/reinstall routine?

6. greenhorn113

greenhorn113 Registered Member

Hi Libor,

How long will this be valid for, I am at work now (UK), and will not be able to carry out this action until tonight, I tried several install/un-installs yesterday, but obviously kept getting the temp license key.

Cheers,
    GH113

7. MikeRogers

MikeRogers Registered Member

@libor:

I've followed your instructions. However...

1. The RVS download you suggest is identical to the GAOTD file. (MD5s match).

2. As of this (Monday, 19th) morning, the RVS registration system is allowing me to use the GAOTD key but is still showing an expiration date of November 29th 2009.

GAOTD-RVS2010.jpg

Mike Rogers

8. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

Same experience as MikeRogers. There still seem to be a few glitches in the system. Are there multiple license servers that need to synchronize?

On a simple reregister operation, I did it twice to verify, I do receive a new license assigned message from Returnil as expected, but the date is not reset to one year. It remains at 2009/11/29 on my machine. Same with a complete uninstall/reinstall operation, although I didn't believe this would change matters since license information is retained on a simple uninstall.

Blue

9. Technic

Technic Registered Member

How confusing indeed!

No luck with GAOTD key. Downloaded new file from Major Geeks as suggested.
    Only 45 days left (LUX version). What a mess. :argh:

10. subset

subset Registered Member

Same here.
    After uninstall and reinstall the trial license (2009/11/29) was automatically assigned.
    Then I registered the program again and after "Request pending..." it still shows only the trial period.

Cheers

11. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

I'd add that I do believe it is worthwhile seeing this through. Returnil is a solid application well worth extended examination by any PC user.

Blue

12. Technic

I might partly agree with you. :D

But this is quite critical app for some serious usage...

13. libor

libor Returnil Support

Thanks Mike for the quick report. We are investigating why this is happening.

14. SIR****TMG

Most of us are off to work hope this mess is took care of by the time I get home.

15. Technic

Nothing changed here. Looks like a hoax for me.

16. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

Please explain as the give away was/is the real deal here. Please give the team time to get the issue sorted...

Thanks
    Mike

17. Technic

Hi Mike!

We have plenty of posts concerning the license issue. It should be free, but that is not case. Users are getting trial licenses only.

Few hours ago we were told that all problems are solved...Wrong information again. I have some standards for my security software, I respect Wilders Security Forums. BUT, the license from GAOTD is only trial.

I am sorry Mike, this looks like hoax for me. Nothing personal, just one point of view.

I would like to suggest that you make sure and TEST before releasing these "offers" to public.

18. Coldmoon

This was explained and the fix was applied. This fix however did not alleviate the trial registration issue as it should have so the server team is aggressively investigating. We plan to have it corrected long before the "trial" period is over. Please be patient...

It is an incorrect assumption. Again, please be patient and we will get the licensing sorted as promised.

Mike

19. Technic

I have this problem when using trial/commercial registration. It might be just me though.

20. MikeRogers

@Coldmoon:

1. Please advise as to the length of the "trial" period you refer to.

2. I intend to put RVS 2010 through its paces in a VM before installing it for real on my machine. Will this be possible with the GAOTD offer?

3. Once we've registered, will reinstallations be possible at a later date (assuming we've given the same name and e-mail address)?

Mike Rogers

21. Coldmoon

Hi Mike,
    The period can be customized but is generally 30 days. The specific version however is set at the server regardless of the installer used and is tied to the License Key (paid versions) or the registration type (free/trial versions).

Yes as the GAOTD wrapper enforces their terms where the software must be installed within the 24 hours of the giveaway. Installations after that time (new installs or reinstalls) will fail due to that restriction. Those who installed RVS in the proper time frame are only effected by the backend registration issue we are working to solve now so should not uninstall RVS or would encounter the GAOTD install limitation.

See answer above...

Mike

22. MikeRogers

@Coldmoon: Thanks for the reply.

From what you say, I now think that the answers to my questions 2 and 3 will depend on the back-end Returnil registration server, not on the GAOTD wrapper.

Because of the problems over the registration period, I actually uninstalled the GAOTD RVS 2010 from my test VM and performed a system rollback, since I didn't want erroneous entries in the registry. That said, as you'll see from an earlier entry of mine on this thread, I tried again this morning and got the same November 29th 2009 expiration date, so once again uninstalled RVS and performed a system rollback. (Note: by then it was outside of the GAOTD time limitation.)

If it's possible, I think that the honorable thing for Returnil to do would be:

1. To fix the registration problem;
    2. Then to allow us (say) a further 24 hours to register/reregister with our names and e-mail addresses;
    3. Then to restrict (re)registration using the published serial code to those who have already registered with the name and e-mail address supplied in (2) above.

These are all within the control of Returnil, given that the will exists.

Mike Rogers

23. SIR****TMG

ok I'll be waiting " Thank You'

24. ZZZ

ZZZ Registered Member

Thanks for the explanation, Coldmoon. Since we can wait till11/29, there is not need to hassle.

However, if libor is actually from your company and gave the misleading advice, then, I think MikeRogers has a point, too, since I (and probably some other people here) simply followed my (their) own judgment. To my eyes, libor's answer was not convincing enough and I waited for you to answer the question. libor may be an employee from your company, but I waited answers from someone who had engaged in supports in the past. Please read the post below by libor here if you haven't done it yet.

That said, I hope things will be solved in a civil manner. In my personal opinion, Returnil 2010 Free is a good enough product, although I gave up on its Anti-virus function.

25. MikeRogers

To follow up on ZZZ's comment...

libor is described as "Returnil Support", so it's reasonable to believe he speaks with the authority of the company.

A reasonable interpretation of libor's post was that not only was there a problem with the registration key but that the GAOTD version of RVS 2010 was also faulty. (After all, why else would he suggest that we download a fresh copy from the Returnil site?)

In fact, a quick MD5 showed that the GAOTD version and the one downloaded from MajorGeeks are identical, so the GAOTD "wrapper" was just a bit of smoke and mirrors and the real controlling elements were/are the registration key and the Returnil registration server.

Unfortunately, I (and I suspect many others too) will have taken libor's advice and, in doing so, uninstalled the original copy.

We need definitive guidance. Do we reinstall and re-register the product now or do we wait until Returnil think that they've solved the problem? Perhaps Coldmoon could advise us as to what we should do.

Mike Rogers

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.