Returnil system safe free

Discussion in 'General Returnil discussions' started by waters, Dec 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. waters

waters Registered Member

Just trying the free version again and have a couple of questions
    I am downloading to virtual disk z ,and cant delete them,if i try and dismount mount it says its being used by another program
    If a downloaded file is a virus in z ,then would the real system be protected
    thanks

2. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

My first reaction would be to ask where in the Virtual Drive you saved the content; to the root of the file or to a user generated folder within the VD. If the the former, you will need admin rights to delete and/or save the file to the root but you can do this as a limited user within a user created folder (EX: Z:\mystuff\somefile).

Due to the design and special features of what is essentially a big, empty file; you will need admin privileges to access the root (ex: Z:\somefile).

Depends on what you do with it and whether the Virtual Mode feature is active when you access that file. If the VM is active, then activating the potential malware you just saved would effect only the virtual partition IF it goes either undetected by the Virus Guard or unblocked by the Anti-Execute component.

Mike

3. waters

waters Registered Member

Great ,thanks

4. TheMozart

TheMozart Former Poster

But the free version cannot restore or rollback any changes, so what good is it using the free version? :cautious:

Can the Returnil System Safe Free 2011 version allow me to install new programs and not have it be installed on my actual system and revert back if I want to?

Last edited: Jan 5, 2012
  5. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

Hi and welcome to the forum :)

First, can you please explain what you mean by the free version cannot restore or rollback any changes? The Virtual Mode is available in the free version so any/all changes can be rolled back with a simple restart of the computer.

As to your second question, yes, but only with mobile type applications that do not require a restart of the computer to complete their installation.

Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.