Returnil, Shadow Defender, Prevx, etc???

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by trjam, Oct 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Most will admit, that a AV alone is not the answer. But it still ranks at the top in my viewpoint for protection. There has to be a viable alternative that at some point is going to come through with a "almost cure all" in protection. It wont come as a suite, but it may come from one of the AV vendors, but somewhere out there a product is lurking that will finally standout as a stand alone contender.

I honestly feel SafeSpace was on the right track but that doesnt matter anymore. Someone is going to create a product that is simple to use, but protects you in all aspects of security. All I see now are ever ending betas.

But I still think, or hope, the day is coming. I grow tired of "almost rans" in the security field.

2. Threedog

Threedog Registered Member

Have you been following the Prevx thread? :D

3. Long View

Long View Registered Member

your title mentions Shadow Defender which for many could be the ideal solution.
    C: OS and programs D: data when going online just click on protection for both drives and reboot when finished. anything you want to save can be dealt with via commit. Prevx CSI can be run while drives are protected - if you feel the need to check the new download.

4. Saraceno

Saraceno Registered Member

Fully agree.

Your combination of Shadow Defender, with a free scan of Prevx CSI, is a good one.

Besides, the majority of average users are just browsing the internet for entertainment purposes - streaming video clips, downloading music, and maybe saving a few important files (word documents, excel spreadsheets) every few days, or probably less often.

All they want is their computer to be in the same state it was when they used it last - in working order.

5. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

Just a thought why not just build the most secure OS in the world More secure then any to date including OSX or Linux. A OS that would take No less then a absolute genius to break it.To end to all security software.:thumb:just having a fantasy dream here.

6. Dark Shadow

But wouldn't that equal bloat.

7. Long View

Long View Registered Member

or a nightmare perhaps :D
    I gave up on linux when I found that too many of my necessary programs were basically windows only. Your machine would probably be so secure it wouldn't run anything that I use.

8. Dark Shadow

Oh your wright may take a genius to operate it that would leave me out.:(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.