Returnil really works, but do i need any other antivirus software?

Discussion in 'General Returnil discussions' started by liviococcia, Oct 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. liviococcia

liviococcia Registered Member

Hello Members
    I hunted around the web for software that would completely protect my os, i looked at loads of video demo's on Youtube, and read loads of reveiws regarding 'Returnil' and others.

The reason i spent time doing all this searching, and comparing, was that i'd seen Kerpersky's Internet security sytem's 'Safe-run' mode on a friends computer and like the way this part of his protection software worked, but nothing else about it, or the way the rest of the software runs.

Anyway.., i decided to give 'Returnil' a go, and so far it's been every bit as good in what it says it does, with so far none of the slow ill effects that other software's have.

So i do have a question to the forum support 'administrators'. i was using the free antivirus software 'Microsoft Security Essentials', and now that i have Returnil installed, i've uninstalled MSE and have found the desktop and 'Systray' icons load slightly quicker, also the 'Security centre' sheild seems to have stopped doing the 'notifying' for a short moment while the items load up, so thats great!, the question is, do i still need any other antivirus software, or does Returnil's antivirus scanning engine cover all the bases?

Great program, thanks

kind regards
    Livio

2. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

Hi Livio and welcome to the forums :)

We are continuously improving the Virus Guard feature and in independent tests, it has received good reviews (qualifying for a VB 100 award in August for example). In the overall design of RSS, it is simply one part of the total puzzle (as is any AV you care to compare) and serves both warning and feedback functions in a layered approach.

1. Is malware detected? Yes, restart the computer to allow the Virtual Mode to eliminate the malicious content and return you to your normal day.

2. All AV detection tech, no matter how advanced or supplemented, will not detect 100% of all potential malware that may exist at any given time. This is why it needs to be covered (Anti-execute, system level Virtualization, and full restore capabilities) for these situations.

With the release of a new build today, we have also included a new convenience feature that will automatically save the content you have defined in the File Manager with a wide range of time periods (from every minute through once a day and at log-off/shutdown).

Mike

3. liviococcia

liviococcia Registered Member

Hello Mike, thanks for the helpful reply, i just have one other query if you could clarify please.

I know the answer my question will be obvious to you, when I'm in virtual 'safe mode' and I shut down the computer from there, a box appears regarding the 'saving of changes' there are two choices I can either click the 'OK' or 'cancel' button, the way I understand it's instructions I choose to click onto the 'Cancel' button, am I correct making this choice when i don't want to keep any changes?

It's just, I know what I'm reading when I'm seeing this warning box, it's just my brain's getting confused choosing between the 'OK' and 'Cancel' answer.

kind regards
    Livio

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.