Returnil Premium on Giveawayoftheday

Discussion in 'General Returnil discussions' started by SourMilk, Dec 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SourMilk

SourMilk Registered Member

Title says it all. Offer is only good for 24 hours - ends midnight 30 Dec 08 PST.
    SourMilk out

2. Long View

Long View Registered Member

Thanks - Is it true that "free" programs like this have to be installed today and if you need to reformat and re-install or even go back to an earlier image then you will no longer be able to use the program ?

3. rpsgc

rpsgc Registered Member

Yes.

Format? Go ahead, as long as you save the usernames and serial keys. Of course by then you'll have to use the software's real installer from its website and not GAOTD's installer ;)

4. Long View

Long View Registered Member

Thanks - perhaps with another program. I was going to download but see that eventually they will want an annual license so it is only giveawayforawhile. Now if they ever offer Shadow Defender I will get in quick.

5. rpsgc

rpsgc Registered Member

Yes, it's a 1 year subscription. But that is not GAOTD's fault. If the software maker only offers yearly subscriptions then that is only what GAOTD can offer.

6. Skytrooper

Skytrooper Registered Member

That's almost always true with GOTD offerings, but Returnil is an exception. I've uninstalled and reinstalled Returnil Premium multiple times using the serial number GOTD released when Returnil was offered last May. That serial number and the one being offered today also works to install Returnil Premium's beta v2.0.1.8510 which corrects a problem some users experienced with Vista's hibernation.

7. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

What about support?

GOTD states very clearly under Terms and conditions that, "the software you download and install during the Giveaway period comes with the following important limitations: No free technical support".

Returnil's Product Comparison Chart states very clearly that the Premium Edition has, "Free, personalized, and professional e-mail support".

8. Coolio10

Coolio10 Registered Member

All GAOTD products have those limitations unless the developer says otherwise. The only developer i remember giving free tech support is a-squared.

9. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

Hi Page42 :)

While I cannot guarantee replies to inquiries due to the restrictions already discussed in this thread and the way GOATD works, we do our best to get replies to GOATD users. Our support prioity is always first for paid customers but we also see a value to responding to inquiries from Personal Edition and special Give Away promotion users.

We want people to discover RVS and for them to have a good user experience with the software. We also recognize that Personal Edition and give away users have the potential to become paid customers in the future and it only creates benefits for us and our user base over time.

The only thing I would caution here is that these replies can be delayed and in the future this delay may increase depending on the total number of inquiries recieved.

With Kind Regards
    Mike

10. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

Awesome reply, Mike. Thanks. :)

11. innerpeace

innerpeace Registered Member

I skipped the last Returnil GAOTD, so I jumped on this one. The bad part is, I really don't need any of the Premium options for the way I use Returnil. I mainly use it for extra security so the memory cache mode is supposed to be more secure than disk cache mode. However there are extra benefits to using the disk cache mode.

Just so I understand the disk cache mode, I have a question. If I have protection on and download and install Opera and then decide to save all changes, will Opera and all other changes during that session be saved to my real system partition? If anyone has used this option, how well does it work? I realized that this feature should only be used during a "trusted" session.

P.S. Only 3 hours left on the giveaway.

12. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

Help please... does the software have to be installed during the giveaway period in order for the license key to be valid?

Edit: I just looked at the readme.txt file and found the answer... "You have to install it before the Giveaway offer for the software is over."

Last edited: Dec 31, 2008
  13. Franklin

Franklin Registered Member

Returnil is a mighty fine app and I already have a serial for testing puposes but like innerpeace the free version does me fine as I prefer the mem cache method.

As for support - just ask, Coldmoon is usually around the place somewhere.;)

14. rice4lunch

rice4lunch Registered Member

I am not using returnil, but am very curious about the license.

So then what's the difference between using warez and 1y giveaway (other than legality)? I don't even see the point in upgrading returnil unless it has a major exploit prob.

Also, does this app lock up after 1 year when the serial expires? or does it revert back to the home edition?

15. wideglide36

wideglide36 Registered Member

I'm using the 2.0.0.5007 version from GAOTD.

If I want to try the new beta version do I need to uninstall the GAOTD version first? Or just quit the program and install over top?

Also, will the serial number for the GAOTD version work with the new beta?

Thanks for the GAOTD offer.

Thanks

16. Chris12923

Chris12923 Registered Member

Mr

I would think unless you hashed the returnil official against the warez one it may be easy for hackers to infect the warez one and then maybe some users would be mad at returnil thinking its software caused some problems. This is probably just one reason. Another maybe if you get it from warez site once you may do it with each version released an never pay for the software which is never good.

Thanks,

Chris

17. Coldmoon

Hi wideglide36 and welcome to the forums :)

Yes, uninstall that version completely and then install the Beta version.

Yes, the 2.00 SNs are valid for use with the 2.01 Beta series

Mike

18. Coldmoon

Re: Mr

Hi Chris :)

Actually, why even use warez in the first place as it is easier to get a legitimate Serial Number from us directly ;)

Mike

19. wideglide36

wideglide36 Registered Member

Thanks Mike!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.