Returnil & Folders questions

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by HURST, Apr 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HURST

HURST Registered Member

There is gonna be a lot of returnil questions today, since it's on GAOTD :D

Ok here are mine (and I hope these are the only ones)

Where does EQSecure store actions that I choose must be remembered?

Where are contacts, calendar and mail stored with Outlook?

Where does Firefox store updates, extensions, etc? (I know it's under /program data/Mozilla, but I have more than one of that folders, under different paths)

Thanks

2. aigle

aigle Registered Member

C:\ Program Files\ EQSecure\ EQSysSecure.xml
    C:\ Program Files\ EQSecure\ EQSysSecure.xml.bak

3. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

Yes, this is a general problem for all ISR-softwares : how to keep the good changes in the system partition ?
    I don't accept any good or bad change in my system partition, unless I want to.
    If I want a change, I unfreeze, do the change and re-freeze.
    I don't change my actual system partition, I change my clean system partition, which is the base for my new actual system partition.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2008
  4. Long View

Long View Registered Member

They are normally stored in a file called outlook.pst Microsoft hode this file so you will need to go to C: tools/view/Folder options/ and enable hidden files and folders and possible uncheck "hide protected operating system files".

Then using search look for *.pst. It should be several levels down in C: Documents and Settings/User Name/local settings/application data/microsoft/outlook This path is from memory -so may be wrong. Once found you can move the pst to another drive and not protect it with Returnil.
    If I understand it correctlly you might also be able to leave it where it is and tell Returnil to save changes ? I would still prefer to move it as I like to keep my operating system and programs on C: and all data elswhere - to allow for easy system restores without data loss.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.