Returnil does not like my new hard drive

Discussion in 'General Returnil discussions' started by RoamMaster, Sep 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RoamMaster

RoamMaster Registered Member

I've installed it on this computer before, but I just changed my hard drive, and attempted to install it on here. After install, when I reboot, the system just hangs, and I can't even use the reset button. The power button is even disabled. I have to hold it down for 6 seconds instead of an instant power down(as usual).
    Settings Windows back to the last know good configuration at least prevents an OS reinstall. But Returnil will not work.
    I even tried uninstalling my anti-virus, Sandboxie, Comodo, everything that starts with the system. The exact same thing happens. It will not boot to Windows.

I'm on 32bit XP SP3(same OS[though different install] as on my old hard drive).
    Any ideas?

2. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

Hi,
    Try an install but before you attempt to restart the computer, get the following files and send them to us at support (dash) tech (at) returnil (dot) com:

RSS 2011:

The rvs3.log and rvs3.inst.log files in the following folder: C:\Documents and Settings\all users\application data\returnil\rvs3\log

All versions:

* MSINFO32 report**

**Click START > RUN > Type MSINFO32. On the System Information screen click FILE > Export and then save the file where you can find it to attach to your reply.

3. RoamMaster

Will do.

I'm wondering if it's because I have this new drive formatted as FAT32? I've never installed Returnil on anything that wasn't NTFS.

4. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

@ RoamMaster

FYI

When i had 2008 :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: installed it was on FAT32, and ran great :) The only issue i ever had was it kept losing SR points :(

Apart from that it's still the BEST version, as Lots of others keep saying, even today if you look ;)

5. RoamMaster

I've never used 2008. And it seems there are no old versions of it on the main site.
    Google produces sites like Brothersoft and Down32, which I refuse to download anything from -_-
    Know of a clean source?

6. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

@ RoamMaster

You talking to me ;)

There is a link on here somewhere to v2008, i'm sure if you ask Coldmoon he'll give it to you, as he has before :thumb: Unless someone else chips in before he does ;)

7. regeu

regeu Registered Member

Hi,
    I am having version 2008 which I had downloaded last year and used it till the next upgrade. I had installed both version 2008 and subsequent releases on FAT32 C: partition. If you let me know your e-mail ID, I can send it to you as an attchment. The file size is 2,786,816 bytes.

Regards,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.