Returnil Crash

Discussion in 'Returnil releases' started by Chimmyking, Apr 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chimmyking

Chimmyking Registered Member

Hi, i'm a total newbie to this but at the same time i don't seem to understand why i'm having problems with RVS. I downloaded the latest version of RVS on April 01, 2010 and it worked well until April 10th when it crashed my computer and i was forced to restore it back to Factory settings ultimately losing all my files, softwares etc. While it was running, it used so much CPU memory (100%) to the point that i was scared my computer will blow up because it got so hot and the fan was working tirelessly. But after a week of grieving and distrust, i decided to give it another try hoping it will go well. I downloaded the latest free version today and i never turned it on, it was off the whole time yet my CPU usage was off the roof, my laptop got so hot while fan worked so hard to keep up.

I signed up for this forum an hour ago to complain about the CPU usage and heat produced by my computer, but as i was about to sign in here, my computer crashed, how ironic. i copied the crash dump just in case it helps

*** STOP: 0X0000008e (0XC0000005, CXA8876176, OXC56306B4, 0X00000000)

*** rvsmonf.sys _ Address A8876176 base at A880c000, Date Stamp 4ba36847

Dumping: Physical memory: to disk: 100

PS: I have Intel (R) Core(TM) Duo CPU/Windows Vista and i read somewhere that RVS shouldn't use so much CPU memory since its a duo core processor.

Also after i rebooted my computer the "normal" way, the CPU usage was a mere 8% and one of the RVS process was missing in Windows Task Manager, i suspect that was the culprit. Returnil is still turned off and i don't know if it will run properly when i turn it on considering that one process isn't running.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2010
  2. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

Hello Chimmyking and welcome to the forums :)

Please send the following to support (dash) tech (at) returnil (dot ) com with a reference to this thread:

* C:\Windows\rvs3.log
    * C:\Windows\rvs3-inst.log
    * MSINFO32 report**
    * C:\Windows\MINIDUMP+
    * C:\Windows\MEMORY.dmp++

**Click START > RUN > Type MSINFO32. On the System Information screen click FILE > Export and then save the file where you can find it to attach to your reply.

+ Select the file or files with the same date/time as the reported crash when using RVS.

++ If the file exists, it may be too large to send via e-mail attachment. Let me know how large it is and we can arrange a means for you to upload it to our servers.

Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.