Returnil 2008 vs MBAM Pro

Discussion in 'General Returnil discussions' started by TomAZ, May 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TomAZ

TomAZ Registered Member

I posted this same question over at the Piriform Forum, but one of the Mods there suggested that I might get better help here. I really prefer keeping my older version of Returnil because it's not bloated, light on resources and extremely stable So, here's the question:

I use the most current version MBAM Pro and run it resident. However, every time I activate Returnil 2008, for some reason it screws up my MBAM installation after the reboot and I end up having to re-install MBAM.

Any ideas on how I might be able to avoid this problem?

2. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

Its been years since I used returnil but is there not some exclusion for program files.

3. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

Hi TomAZ,
    Can you detail the steps to reproduce this and the text of any errors?

Mike

4. TomAZ

TomAZ Registered Member

I haven't attempted to reproduce this issue since posting my comment. Instead, I've been working on a solution or workaround, which I think I've found. I took djohn's advice and simply protected the whole MBAM folder from within Returnil. I've only tested it a couple times, but it seems to have corrected the problem.

As I mentioned, I'm using an old version of Returnil (2008 Personal) along with the most current version of MBAM. So, maybe this has something to do with it, but I really don't want to upgrade my Returnil -- love the version I have.

Because I really haven't tried to re-create the problem, I can't remember exactly what the error message was, but there was one. As I recall, during the startup after a reboot, it said something like "MBAM did not load properly" (probably a little wordier, but that was the gist of it). Even a second or third reboot wouldn't fix it, so I would have to reinstall MBAM.

Anyway, thanks to both of you. I'll try this for a while and see what happens.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.