Returnil 2008 - System Tray

Discussion in 'General Returnil discussions' started by jpcummins, Oct 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jpcummins

jpcummins Registered Member

My prior version of Returnil 2008 (Free) would load at start up and the Returnil icon would remain in the system tray; exactly the way I prefer it to. My new version of Returnil 2010 (Free) will load at start up but the Returnil icon will only remain in the system tray temporarily. I can correct this by Control Panel, Taskbar and Start Menu, Customize and change from Hide when inactive to Always Show. But this is only a temporary fix and has to be done each time I start my system. I realize this is a rather insignificant problem but it aggravates me that the older version did exactly the way I wanted it to and the newer version will not.

I looked in MSConfig at the startup menu and noticed that there is only one Returnil entry. I mention this because unless I am mistaken the older version seemed to have two entries. I cannot verify this so I could be mistaken and it probably has no bearing at all.

Can anyone tell me what I need to do so that the Returnil 2010 icon stays in the system tray? As always I appreciate any and all replies and would thank you in advance.

John

2. philby

philby Registered Member

Hello John

I only have one Returnil 2010 MSConfig entry:
    Capture.PNG

Have you checked in the RVS UI that show tray icon is checked?
    Capture1.PNG

HTH

philby

3. SammyJack

SammyJack Registered Member

Dear jpcummins:

I am certain Returnil 2008,the former version,only had one entry in MSConfig.
    I am sure,because it was the only program I had in start up at the time.

That was with,or without the Anti-Execute module enabled.

That was on Windows XP SP3.

4. jpcummins

jpcummins Registered Member

In spite of everything I knew to try I could never get the 2010 Returnil Icon to stay in the System Tray. Oh, I could get it to stay by changing the Hide when Inactive to Always Show, in Task Bar and Start Menu Properties, but that was only a temporary fix. What I wanted was for it to always stay in the System Tray like the 2008 Returnil Icon did.

I know that in the scheme of things this was insignificant but that is what I wanted. So, I uninstalled 2010 Returnil and reinstalled 2008 Returnil and now everything is doing exactly what I wanted.

Perhaps the next version of Returnil will also do this insignificant thing for me. Please do not accept this post as criticism as I believe Returnil is a fantastic program.

John

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.