Returnil 2.01 Beta Stability

Discussion in 'Returnil Betas' started by TheKid7, Dec 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheKid7

TheKid7 Registered Member

I am thinking about obtaining a Returnil Virtual System Premium License next month. I like the looks of the new features of version 2.01 Beta. I have never tried Returnil.

Would experienced Returnil users recommend going with the 2.01 Beta or starting with the 2.0 Final?

I plan to install Returnil on a Windows XP Pro SP3 PC.

Thank you.

2. Murderlove

Murderlove Registered Member

I tested the beta 2.01 some time ago. I cannnot remember having any troubles. It was quite stable. Nonetheless it is a beta after all, so make sure to make an image prior to installing.

I am not quite sure if you know this, but there is a free one year giveaway for Returnil:
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=228677

Now you can use/test Returnil Premium for one year and purchase it after a year :D

3. blacknight

blacknight Registered Member

I use this beta from the day it was released: no problem, it runs very well.

4. mjgent

mjgent Registered Member

I just installed beta on my in-law's new machine and tested it for about a week before I set it up at their house. It was rock solid. They reboot at least daily so this was a good solution for them. I only wish it had the instant save exclusion list like Shadow Defender has or at least the option to use it. I didn't want them to have to remember how to "update selected files". I figured out a solution with their setup though. Since they use SyncBack to auto backup their D:data drive at log off/shutdown I had SynchBack run the command line "C:\Program Files\Returnil\Returnil.exe" /FILEUPDATE after it was done backing up yet prior to shutting down/logging off the computer. Other than that I really liked the new beta.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.