Retrunil try to change my IE settings, why?

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by testsoso, Jun 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. testsoso

testsoso Registered Member

My HIPS say the Returnil system try to change my IE settings, and one time the Returnil System tried also to attatch it self to explorer, and connect to internet, says my firewall. can i trust it? i wonder why they do such things?

Attached Files:

2. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

Hello testsoso,
    Returnil does not connect to the internet or "attach itself" to IE as it has no reason to do so. It is client side software and will work whether you have an internet connection or not.

If you have protection ON, any settings you have made while it is ON will be lost at reboot. This includes any changes that might have been made to your registry.

One thing to check here is whether your system is clean. Please keep in mind that Returnil or any similar solution will not provide protection if your system is already infected so please be sure to do a complete system scan and clean with RVS System Protection OFF with your AV/AM solutions.

Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.