Retrieval of individual files

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by share98, Dec 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. share98

share98 Registered Member

Is there a feature that allows me to retrieve individual files when I am using the rescue media (NTFS backup) without having to copy the entire backup onto a hard drive? Thanks.

2. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Yes. Use the image explorer. It will open a windows explorer window and you can cut and paste stuff out of the image.

3. jimmytop

jimmytop Guest

Image Explorer is not available from the rescue CD as far as I can tell. I think that was the OP's question - is there any way to recover individual files from the Rescue CD, and I think the answer is no.....

4. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

You are right. I missed that point in the question, as I am not sure why you would need to do that. Sorry.

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello share98,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

There is only one way to recover individual files from an image created by Acronis True Image - to explore the image when running Acronis True Image under Windows. Please also note that all the volumes of the image should be in the same folder. Our Development Team will try to change the structure of image files in order to allow to explore the image that is splitted over several DVD/CD discs. This enhancement will be implemented in future versions of Acronis True Image.

Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.