Restricted Sites on IE

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by Analyst502, Apr 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Analyst502

Analyst502 Registered Member

Hey

I've noticed that there's a ton of sites listed in "restricted sites" in my IE security tab. This is a work computer that cam w/IE pre-installed. I've never visited these sites, so is it safe to assume that they were pre-loaded? Also, is using the "add site" function the only way for sites to be added?

Any feedback is appreciated - thx

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

No....there are a number of programs that have features where-by sites can be added to the Restricted Zone of IE.

Perhaps you or someone is un-knowingly using a feature of a program that adds sites to the Restricted Zone of IE :doubt:

Spywareblaster's Restricted Sites protection, Spybot's Immunize feature, IE-Spyad....etc [​IMG]

3. Analyst502

Analyst502 Registered Member

Hey Bubba - thx for the response. I use Spyware Blaster, but was unaware that's how it works. I'm in the process of making sure that my laptop is clean - deleting history of all non work-related internet surfing.

Using Privacy Guardian, Spysweeper, Reg Mechanic, etc. I saw these sites in my NTUSER.DAT profile. Since I've never visited them, it kind o freaked me out. When viewing this file, allot of the data is in symbols - what is all that gibberish? Is it possible to translate this language?

Thx again for your help

4. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Gibberish would be a good description IMHO....and I personally have no knowledge of whether they can or can not be translated.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.