Restricted Sites on IE

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by Analyst502, Apr 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Analyst502

Analyst502 Registered Member

Hey

I've noticed that there's a ton of sites listed in "restricted sites" in my IE security tab. This is a work computer that cam w/IE pre-installed. I've never visited these sites, so is it safe to assume that they were pre-loaded? Also, is using the "add site" function the only way for sites to be added?

Any feedback is appreciated - thx

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

No....there are a number of programs that have features where-by sites can be added to the Restricted Zone of IE.

Perhaps you or someone is un-knowingly using a feature of a program that adds sites to the Restricted Zone of IE :doubt:

Spywareblaster's Restricted Sites protection, Spybot's Immunize feature, IE-Spyad....etc [​IMG]

3. Analyst502

Analyst502 Registered Member

Hey Bubba - thx for the response. I use Spyware Blaster, but was unaware that's how it works. I'm in the process of making sure that my laptop is clean - deleting history of all non work-related internet surfing.

Using Privacy Guardian, Spysweeper, Reg Mechanic, etc. I saw these sites in my NTUSER.DAT profile. Since I've never visited them, it kind o freaked me out. When viewing this file, allot of the data is in symbols - what is all that gibberish? Is it possible to translate this language?

Thx again for your help

4. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Gibberish would be a good description IMHO....and I personally have no knowledge of whether they can or can not be translated.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.