Restoring via LAN or USB

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Dagobert, Jul 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dagobert

Dagobert Registered Member

Hi there,

our problem is related to Acronis True Image 9.1 Server for Windows and it's Rescue-CD.

We're having some problems with one of our clients, running Windows XP Pro on it. Now we would restore his last backup to an other unused computer by using Universal Restore.

On the external harddisk, where the backup is stored, there is an folder like "backup.tib" with two files - 1, 2. Because more than 4.7 GB of data.

Using LAN for Restoring Acronis says to use the last created volume for "backup.tip". But I can't choose it...

Using USB for Restoring I can choose "backup.tib" as a folder but no file.

Can anyone give me a hint or tell me what to do?
    --
    TIA, Steffen

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Dagobert,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Server Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for delayed response.

Please notice that ".tib" objects are archive files (not folders). You need to choose the latest created ".tib" file.

If the problem persists, could you please post a screenshot of what the location with ".tib" files looks like in Windows explorer?

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

3. Dagobert

Dagobert Registered Member

Hi there,

I solved the problem by restoring via FTP from the external HHD. By backing up via LAN the HDD controller splits the backup files. So we can only use FTP for restoring if the tib contains more than one volume - created through the hdd controller.

If I found the time I will post some screenshots.
    --
    Thanks for help.

Steffen

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.