Restoring to entirely new disk

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by mszymkowicz, Nov 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mszymkowicz

mszymkowicz Registered Member

Bear with me, I am, at most, an intermediate user.

My hard drive crashed Thursday night beyond recovery. Fortuntely all data older than 12 hours was backed up into image files using TI8. The drive was partitioned into 3 logical drivers (C,D, and E) with a separate TI image for each. The computer boots from C and the o/s was there.

On Monday my computer will have a new drive installed with a fresh install of Win XP/SP2 -- but nothing else. The new drive will have the same 3 partition structure.

I want to restore the images to the new drive, of course. Data on drives D and E should be no problem.

But, will anything bad or unexpected happen if I overwrite the C drive on the new h/d with the image of the old C drive?

Thanks.

2. MiVi

MiVi Registered Member

There should not be any problems as long as the image of the orignal system was on a partition "C", and the new destination is also "C".

And of course, make sure the new destination partition is large enough to contain the original partition.

3. prouton

prouton Guest

And of course the "fresh install of Win XP/SP2" will be overlaid by the install that was backed up on the old C:.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello mszymkowicz,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/products/trueimage/).

I recommend you to create an image of your new system partition prior to restoring the old system partition image.

Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.