Restoring image to new hardware with different hard drive

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by pete0026, Nov 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pete0026

pete0026 Registered Member

I have taken an image using True Image Server 8 (build 937) of a Windows 2000 domain controller with a single SCSI hard drive and would like to restore it to a Dell PE2600 server with a Perc 4 on-board RAID controller. When I boot for the first time after restoring the image, I receive an 'unaccessable boot device' blue screen. I know that this is due to the fact that Windows can't boot to a device that it doesn't have the drivers for. My question is how I can add the driver to the new system so it can boot successfully. I have tried inserting the Windows 2000 Server to run through a in-place upgrade/repair but I don't get the option. I can get to the recovery console but I don't know how to install the Perc 4 driver. Can anyone lend a hand?

Thanks,
    Pete

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Last edited: Dec 4, 2005
  3. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Early in the setup, there is a screen where you can press F6 to install special drivers for storage devices. (At least there is with the Pro and Home versions, so I'd expect the same for 2000 Server.) Use that to provide the Perc 4 drivers.

An upgrade in place is just a repair (reinstall) to the same folder as the original Windows installation.

Good luck,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.