Restoring a multi-volume image

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by mf need help, Sep 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mf need help

mf need help Registered Member

My system crashed and a technician replaced my windows XP home edition with windows XP professional. I was able to have all my data as he backed it up first. Much later did I realize that he did not back up my MS Outlook data and Outlook express data. Luckily I have an exact image back up of my hard disk when it was still using XP home edition; this image back up was created using Acronis True Image Home 9.1.

The back-up image consists of 7 volumes. Since outlook data is not like a discrete file, I will need to restore all 7 volumes to create an exact replica of how my hard disk used to be.

When I try to mount the image as a virtual disk, acronis forces me to assign a different virtual disk drive letter to each volume. I cannot recover outlook data that way. I need to be able to restore all 7 volumes to form 1 virtual disk or clone it to a hard disk.

How do I do this? Please help. I urgently need detailed instructions of how to do this through Acronis True image Home 9.1. Many thanks in advance

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.