Restored C. now computer wont boot.

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by fmv_hero, Dec 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fmv_hero

fmv_hero Registered Member

recently some spyware was installed onto my computer, so i decided to do a system restore from an image made on the 23rd of november.
    i dont remember the details, but it said that it needed to restart the computer before it would work, so i did.
    and all isaw after that was this "_" flashing on and off in the upper left hand corner of my screen. seeing this going on for the next half an hour i decided to try poking around and see what was going on, but nothing happened. all my computer did was beep at me from the internal speaker attached to the motherboard.
    now my computer won't boot at all, all i see upon restarting is the option to go to the BIOS screen, and the flashing underscore in the corner.

i loaded acronis boot manager and re-imaged it from there, setting my drive C as an active drive, but my computer still wont boot.
    HELP

2. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

What operating system, XP or Vista, and which version and build of True Image are you using?

3. fmv_hero

fmv_hero Registered Member

XP, not sure if professional or home.

and on true image, the CD says "true image boot 9.1.3854 home

and currently my computer is telling me "mbr error 1, please insert floppy to boot", something like that. i have a terrible memory

4. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Something tells me, either the MBR wasn't imaged at imaging time or it hasn't been restored.

If you have your XP CD to hand this is easily solved.

Colin

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello fmv_hero,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please fix your hard drive MBR using one of the methods described in Acronis Help Post.

You can find the detailed instructions on how to use Acronis True Image in the respective User's Guide.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.