Restore to new hardware?

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by stevwolf, Dec 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stevwolf

stevwolf Registered Member

On this link in the Paragon site ;
    (https://www.paragon-software.com/my-account/hints.htm)

It discusses this topic ; "Did you know that Paragon Adjust OS could help to migrate system from old hardware to new one?"

Basically it give the steps to this process.

One of the points they say is ...
    ... run the product so to recovery from backup image first. ...

Then they say ....
    Select Simple Restore Wizard and browse for backup image. Select hard drive to restore image to.

So are you suppose to restore the image first then use Simple restore wizard. That appears to be the way I read it. Can anyone confirm.

2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

I don't think so. I think it is just a bit of poor writing/translation. They are telling you to do a restore then get into what to do if your HD controller needs a driver not already present in the WinPE environment. Then they go onto to tell you to use the Simple Restore Wizard to effect the restoration.

If you do a restore and then do a second restore the second restore completely wipes out the first restore so there is no point in doing it. The new hardware driver installation then takes place.

3. stevwolf

stevwolf Registered Member

Thanks.
    Yes the writing seems a bit light on info. Its like they say all over the place create your win pe cd but you dont create one, at least not like the linux cd. I think its basically already provided for you. Its a bit frustrating.
    regards.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.