Restore to a Keriver Snapshot????

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by chinook9, Jul 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chinook9

chinook9 Registered Member

I have an almost pristine installation of Windows 7 Pro on another machine and I have Keriver 1-Click Restore Pro.

A friend of mine had some software he could not install to test and the only place I could get it to work was on this machine. I took a snapshot and installed the software.

Although I have done a few other restores with UBCD4Win and a Macrium restore CD I have never done a Keriver restore and, for some reason, I thought it would be more simple than the previous restores. Maybe its about the same, or maybe there's something I'm not seeing.

On boot-up I get the Grub screen and choose Restore to a Snapshot. This gets me a Windows screen telling me to put in the Windows disk etc. I put in the Keriver Restore disk and click on "Continue" and the PC boots up normally.

Am I doing something wrong, or do I just change the bios (Gigabyte board) to boot from CD, put in the CD, and start the machine?

I realize I could figure this out, but I'd rather not take the time to do it right now.

EDIT: I do not get the screens shown in Steps 2-4 at this link: http://www.keriver.com/OneClickFree/restore.html

Last edited: Jul 16, 2011
  2. pandlouk

pandlouk Registered Member

Have you connected the drive where the snapshot is stored?
    It seems that during the installation you selected that drive, to place the recovery enviroment of keriver.
    Either insert the external drive and then select the "Restore to a Snapshot" option form grub, or boot directly from the keriver restore disk (for gigabyte mobos you can use the button F12 to select the boot device).

Panagiotis

3. chinook9

The snapshot is saved to the other drive in the machine and Keriver shows it as the drive where the original image and incremental images have been saved. I expect my only choice is to use the restore disk as you indicate. I expect I will go ahead and do that.

Thank you for the help.

4. 2010freesoho

2010freesoho Registered Member

Hi,
    1. You say, " I put in the Keriver Restore disk and click on "Continue" and the PC boots up normally." Could you please tell me whether the "Keriver Restore disk" is the drive where the images are located on?
    2. You say, "This gets me a Windows screen telling me to put in the Windows disk etc." If it's possible, could you please take a photo using a digital camera and then send it to me?
    And Please also tell me the version of Keriver 1-Click Restore you are using.

Thanks.

5. chinook9

The Keriver Restore Disk is the Keriver Restore CD that I burned when I installed Keriver. Actually, I had forgotten I did it but I had the CD so that must have been when I burned it.

I will try and take a picture of the screen tomorrow and send it to you. The screen in question is actually a Windows 7 screen that is telling me to put in the Windows 7 Disk so that I can boot from the repair console.

Thank you for your assistance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.