Restore partition automatically

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by bad4g00d, Mar 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bad4g00d

bad4g00d Registered Member

Hi there.

We are using TI 8, and we would like to be able to restore a partition from secure zone in the most automatic and unattended possible way.

That's it, it would be nice to press F11 at boot time and the restore process would start inmediately. The reason is we want people with few computing knowledge to be able to restore the partition without having to go through menus and options.

Thanks for your time!

JM

2. Chutsman

Chutsman Registered Member

Put this in the "Wish List" topic ..... but don't hold your breadth! :)

3. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

I find this intriguing. What is the rationale behind having unsophisticated users being able to easily restore a partion? I am not trying to belittle your idea in the least but I certainly am curious. Is this in a corporate environment or are you referring to clients all over the place?

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello bad4g00d,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please be aware that none of the currently available Acronis True Image versions allows you to "automate" the process of the system partition\entire hard drive recovery (this procedure cannot be perfomed from under Windows and therefore requires a reboot into the special Linux based rescue environment). In other words, you always need to pass all steps of the Restore Image wizard (Recovery wizard for version 9.0) in order to restore an image of a system partition or an image of the entire hard drive.

Please also note that we have already received similar requests from other Acronis customers and they have already been forwarded to our Development Team. The ability to "automate" the image restoration process will probably be implemented in the future versions of a particular product. I'm afraid that the exact time frame for this feature to be implemented is not decided yet.

If you want us to change the behaviour of Acronis True Image in any way or add some new features to this product, please feel free to follow Chutsman's advice and post any of your suggestions in Acronis True Image WISH-LIST thread.

If you have any further questions concerning Acronis software, please feel free to submit a request for technical support or post any of them on this forum. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

5. bad4g00d

Hi Seekforever.

We need our users to have administrator rights in order to install and remove software at their will. But we want them to be able to restore the installation to its original state whenever they consider to be necessary, too.

The reason is our machines are quite old and we can't afford to install in them deepfreeze or any antivirus, because of the extra load it could bring to the system.

Thank you!!

PS: Our users are teachers and these machines are located in classrooms

6. Shootist

Shootist Registered Member

The F11 option would have to be a function of the BIOS or BIOS boot options. This can only happen IF the manufacturer included such a option.

7. bad4g00d

Hi, Alexey & Chutsman.

Thank you very much for answering so promptly my question!!

Kudos to the Acronis team for such a great and useful product.

Good bye!

8. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

Thanks for the reply. Classroom machines was the first "non-techy" use of Ghost I had. This was when Ghost was still marketed by the people who developed it. The teachers were computer trainers so having them reset the machines was no problem.

I understand your desire to have the process automated since running around to a bunch of machines stepping through the wizards is surprisingly time consuming.

Thanks again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.