Restore issues BR 11 Home

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by hbernhard, Nov 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hbernhard

hbernhard Registered Member

After a system disk crash the trouble started:
    * I inserted the Paragon Recovery Disk (made immediatly after purchase 9.Oct. 2011
    * Even a plain system (1 disk, 1 CDROM) couldn't be detected... the Linux system couldn't see the simplest LG CD-Rom driver
    * After verifying that everything works in my PC with all other possible industry SW products I finally decided to buy today the latest BR 11 Home addition
    * At least the revovery CD went through but now the recovery disk (GPT 3 TB) is in RED I assume GPT not supported:blink: ) and I cannot identify/read the volumes on the BR backup disk

My questions are:
    * Any workflow/screenshots available to explain the restore process?
    * Is GPT for System restore not supported?
    * Can BR 10 backups be read/restored from BR11 SW ?

thanks
    hb

2. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

Please try to use WInPE Recovery CD made in B&R Home 11:
    * log-in to My account on paragon-software.com
    * find in My Downloads WinPE self-burning CD image and download it.
    then follow the instructions to create CD.
    Boot from create WinPE Recovery CD and check if 3TB drive is recognized correctly.

archives made in version 10 can be restored in version 11.

3. hbernhard

Thanks, did it. Now the restore process ask me always for the next archive (I have 4 disks merged into one archive) and input to the open archive question is not accepted, i.e. I'm stuck on the page and can only cancel without moving further. Do I need to klick on the MBF file or xxxx.000 ? both tried maybe always in the wrong sequence.
    hb

4. hbernhard

I gave up as this "Home" version is not ready for prime time. I thought that Norton Ghost is too intimitating with it's permanent consistency checks (e.g. after an unexpected power off it automaticaly stops the incremental mode) but now I see that the lean Paragon approach allows only quick backup's but no reliable restores --> so what?

In any case this experience makes me thinking how to backup my 9 TB in a more staged and n generation approach....

good luck for the "propeller heads" at Paragon!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.