Restore Image to Larger HDD

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by itman, May 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. itman

itman Registered Member

I am running Drive Backup 9 Pro.

I want to restore a complete drive image of a 160 GB HDD to a new unformated 500 GB EIDE drive. Backup image contains 3 partitions, two NTFS and one FAT32. One NTFS partition is 80 GB and the other two partitons are 40 GB each. I want to expand the backed up partition of 80 GB to approx. 420 GB and keep the other two partitons their original sizes.

Finally I want to do this restore from external drives connected via USB 2.0 and then install the new drive in the PC. The image backup is on a WD external drive and the new bare drive will be connected via a IDE to USB 2.0 adapter.

Any problems with doing this using the Paragon WIN PE boot CD?

2. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

It should work. Besides, seems to be a risk-free operation. You could just try it.

3. SpeedyPC

SpeedyPC Registered Member

itman go to WD website and make sure you've got the latest firmware driver for you're USB connection http://support.wdc.com/product/download.asp?level1=2&lang=en when you've update the latest driver for you're USB WD Passport. After the reboot when you installed you're latest driver go and create another Paragon Rescue CD and see if that works from there.

4. itman

itman Registered Member

Thanks for the replies.

update the latest driver for you're USB WD Passport. After the reboot when you installed you're latest driver go and create another Paragon Rescue CD and see if that works from there.

My WD drive is an older Essential's model.

I always use the the WIN PE 2.0 boot CD for imaging and restoring. Never had a problem with it recognizing a USB drive.

Thanks for the replies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.