Restore from TI10

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by beeuuem, Apr 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beeuuem

beeuuem Registered Member

Acronis®*True*Image*Home® version 10.0 (build*4,942)

If I restore my C drive (4Gb) from a boot CD the restore takes three minutes. If I initiate the restore of the same image from within Windows and then reboot the restore takes 20 minutes.
    At one time the restore from Windows was running at around 3 minutes.
    What have I done or what can I do to get the faster restore time functioning.

2. TheWeaz

TheWeaz Registered Member

The first thing I would do is go into Device Manager and under the HD controller Properties, check the Advanced Settings and see what it says. Should probably be “Ultra DMA Mode” something. If Windows detects a certain number of errors/delays, it will drop the drive speed down to PIO Mode - waaaay slower.

3. TheWeaz

TheWeaz Registered Member

Ignore the above – too much sinus medication. :isay:
    Since you’re restoring the system drive and rebooting first, Windows isn’t involved AFAIK.

4. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

The boot CD was made with this same build, 4942, wasn't it? If it was made with an earlier build, then that's the explanation - the Linux drivers were changed for the worse for your system.

An uninstall and reinstall might be worth a try if the above doesn't apply.

5. beeuuem

The Boot CD is from build 4942.
    It appears to a be a setting of some description.
    The restore from Windows always took 20 minutes or so . It then started to restore in around 3 minutes for no obvious reason. This continued for 4 weeks and then went back to 20 minutes.
    I use the image to restore to a good configuration after installing/uninstalling progammes.
    It isn't the end of the world but it would save having to use the boot CD to restore.

6. beeuuem

It appears that the problem is related to the restore mode.
    Restoring from the boot CD takes ca 3 minutes in safe version but around 20 minutes in full version.
    It would seem that the restore from Windows opts for the full version.
    Is there a way to opt for the safe version from Windows?

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello beeuuem,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for delayed response.

Please be aware that when starting restoration of a system drive from within Windows, Acronis True Image will always reboot into Linux environment (same as used in full version of Acronis Bootable Rescue Media). There is no option to change the environment used.

You can find more details on standalone (Acronis Bootable Rescue Media, etc.) versions of Acronis True Image in this Acronis KB article.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.