restore from removeable hard drive

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jeturner, Dec 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jeturner

jeturner Registered Member

Hello,

I wish to restore my hard drive completely from a removeable hard drive. I tried but when I told acronis to reboot, it said that it could not write to the 0 sector.

I have GoBack, zone alarm pro, spysites plus, adaware se plus, counterspy, nav 2006, b-9

How do I get it to succeed in rewriting the harddrive? My backups are on the removeable drive.

I made a bootable cd but then when I tried to restore, it kept trying to make a secure zone and couldn't see the removeable hard drive. It said to use windows. So I tried with acronis from within windows. That is when it said it had to reboot but couldn't write to the 0 sector.

Please tell me how to do this correctly. I saw in the faqs that Go Back must be disabled. Is that the problem. Should I remove it first?

Thank you very much.

2. bobbyjak

bobbyjak Registered Member

You need to dis-able GoBack..

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello jeturner,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept my apologies for the delay with the response.

bobbyjak is correct, since you really should disable Norton GoBack in order to be able to restore the image. Please read more in this FAQ article.

However, the most probable reason for the problem you have encountered is that Acronis True Image 9.0 fails to recognize your external USB hard drive because of the lack of the appropriate drivers.

In case disabling Norton GoBack does not help, please make sure that you use the latest build (2323) of Acronis True Image 9.0 which is available at: http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/updates/

To get access to updates you should create an account at:
    http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/my/
    then log in and use your serial number to register your software.

Please uninstall any previously installed build prior to installing build 2323.

Please also check each partition of both your internal and external hard drives by Windows utility:

- For Windows 9x please use Windows menu Start\Run
    then enter the command "scandskw" and test all drives;

- For Windows XP please use Windows menu Start\Run, then enter the command "chkdsk c: /r" "chkdsk d: /r" for every partition of your hard drive.

Note that you will need to reboot your computer in order to scan the system partition.

If the problem still persists after installing the update and checking the hard drives then please download the latest version of Acronis drivers and install it with disabled logging.

If that does not help then please collect the following information:

- Create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post;

- Boot from Bootable Rescue CD created using the latest build (2323) of Acronis True Image 9.0 and see if it recognizes your external USB hard drive;

- Describe actions taken before the problem appears step-by-step.

In case you still can not "see" your external USB hard drive when your PC is booted from Bootable Rescue CD created using the latest build (2323) of Acronis True Image 9.0 then please also create Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please also do the following:

- Launch Acronis Report Utility once again and select the "Create Bootable Floppy" option;
    - Insert a blank floppy disk in the A: drive and proceed with creation of the bootable floppy;
    - Boot the computer from this diskette and wait for report creation process to finish;
    - Collect the report file from the floppy;
    - Rename the report created from under Windows to report_win.txt and report created using the bootabale floppy to report_diskette.txt.

Please submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the information about your purchase of Acronis software (order number, e-mail, where did you purchase our product, etc.) and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

4. wayra

wayra Registered Member

I am having the same problems

THIS IS A VERY BAD SOFTWARE, IF YOUR ARE NOT READY,THEN TEST THE SOFTWARE FIRST AND THEN PUT IT FOR SALE.

NOW WE ARE STUCK WITH THIS SOFTWARE THAT DOES NOT DO WHAT IT CLAIMED.

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello wayra,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

I'm really sorry that you are displeased with the work of Acronis software.

Could you please do as I have suggested in my previous post addressed to jeturner? We will certainly do our best in order to investigate the problem and provide you with the solution as soon as possible.

Please also note that you can always download and install the free trial version of any Acronis product prior to purchasing it.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.