Restore Failure

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by Dennis H., May 29, 2016.

1. Dennis H.

Dennis H. Registered Member

This morning my SSD drive was blank. I have been using Paragon since early in the year and have it set to do a backup everyday at 10:00 AM. I can always see it running and I minimize it to the taskbar. There is also a .pbf and .pfm files in the same folder.

I restored by C: drive this morning but it restored it to March 9 of this year. I lost everything from then forward. On my backup drive I can see arc_xxxx/USER/20160525.xxxx and this folder contains zipped archives .001 to .009 which appears to be my backup drom 5/28/2016.

How do I proceed to restore my C: drive back to yesterdays state without loosing everything.

Dennis

2. i_am_jim

i_am_jim Registered Member

I see this hope to make Paragon's recovery work has gone unanswered for about 2 weeks. There seems to be no way to get support for their product when you need it without paying them to make the thing you paid them for work. I've been cloning my Windows disk religiously for 4 years. Yesterday it failed for the first time and I tried to restore. It didn't. That's been my comment for years. All backup programs backup, many/most don't restore and no one knows this until they need it.

3. Dennis H.

Dennis H. Registered Member

I have given up on Paragon and got back to Acronis which never failed me. I started having issues when I upgraded to W10 with Acronis but after I did a clean install of W10 I no longer had issues. Live and learn

4. wptski

wptski Registered Member

I was using the W10TP and restored it 10-15 times but haven't needed to restore the released W10 version yet.

5. paul cassel

paul cassel Registered Member

I too had a lack of restore from the recovery CD. Very disappointed. I had to rebuild my setup piece by piece.

6. kenw

kenw Registered Member

I have had to restore 3 times without a problem and always got an answer from their support. There was
    a problem with their recovery media for the 2015 version and they sent me told me where to find the solution. They don't support old versions.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.