Restore Failed failed to allocate index buffer (0x70001)

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by rocolema, Mar 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rocolema

rocolema Registered Member

I have 2 image backups using Latest version Home 2009. Both validate OK, Neither will restore and get the error. I have tried both the GUI restore and the bootable media restore, same error. I have tried to restore to several hard drives, same error. I have tried another computer to restore, same error.

I think this is a bug in the restore program.

In all cases it progresses to 5 seconds left, there is a lot of hard drive activity, then it throws the 'restore failed message.

I can peek into the TIB and all the files are OK, I just can't image restore

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello rocolema,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

Code:
    I think this is a bug in the restore program.
    Since you experience the same issue from within both environments, under Windows and under Acronis Booting rescue media (i.e. from within Linux environment), I don't think this is a a bug in the restore program.

Please submit a request to Acronis Customer Service Department here

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

3. rocolema

rocolema Registered Member

I restored the operating system from scratch, installed all my applications again, used home 2009 to get my application data back (because I could go into the TBI file OK). I then tried another backup, and then another restore and it failed again.

I then used my previous backup product (image for windows - terabyte unlimited), made a backup, and it restored OK.

So yes, I do think there is a bug in your restore product.

I have already submitted a problem to your tech support.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello rocolema,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

That is another argument that you experience hardware problems.

First of all, please make sure that the memory module of your machine is not corrupt as this can be the reason for the issue.

Please download one of the archives depending on what media type you are going to use:

diskette
    CD
    USB Flash drive

You can find more information on how to burn an ISO image to a CD at:

here and here

Unpack the archive and create bootable media with the test.

After that boot your PC from the media and memtest will start automatically. When it is 100% completed, create a digital photo of the screen.

If the test doesn't detect any errors, please download Acronis Report utility available here and run it, create a report.
    This would provide us with detailed information on the hard disk partition structure.

Attach the files to your request.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

Last edited: Mar 30, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.