restore does not work with my One-Click Backup software

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by javabeat, Nov 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. javabeat

javabeat Registered Member

Hi.

I am using Paragon One-Click backup and can not get a restore to work, it copied the files ok, but when the computer reboots the windows screen comes up then blue screens and crash's, is there a recovery disk I can use, although I see knowhere on the Paragon page to download a recovery cd.

Cheers:'(

2. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Hi,

I am not familiar with that particular program.

With most Paragon apps. at the top left of the main Interface, click Tools>Recovery Media Builder to run off a bootable cd.

Otherwise, assuming the backups are in arc format, you will find the cd's from other Paragon apps. will be able to restore them. E.G. The 9 series.

3. javabeat

Hi,

The software I have is Drive copy 8.5 it has a one-click backup option. What recovery disk would work with this and where do I get the recovery disk from.

Many Thanks for helping

4. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

You're looking to clone the hard drive back? If you have the Drive Copy professional edition, it should come with a recovery CD that you can boot to. Log into your account page to download the file.

It might be quicker to swap hard drives, so the one you have a good copy is the primary, boot back into Windows, and copy it back.

5. javabeat

Hi.

I Don't have the professional edition and have no recovery cd. I have registered my copy, but there is no recovery software on my account page. I have sent a mail to support a couple of days ago, but had no reply.

Not sure what you mean about swap the hardrives. I basically did a restore on my primary hardrive and overwrote what was on there. It gets past the windows screen then crash's.

The clone of my hardrive was on a usb external drive, I copied the cloned data to my primary drive, I even swapped out the primary drive and put the usb drive in its place, still no luck.

Thanks in advance.

6. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Last edited: Nov 25, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.