Restore Data Wizard problem

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jon1, Oct 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jon1

jon1 Registered Member

Hi.
    I am using Acronis True Image 10 Home Build 4942
    I was wondering if someone has had the same problem.
    When I run Restore from Arconis Bootable Rescue Media CD it will hang.
    The Full version starts hanging immediately.
    The Safe version hangs after I had chosen "Please Select a partition or a whole hard disk to restore".

It looks to me that the problem is that TI cannot communicate with my screen. After I press the Next-button it just hangs and the program probably assumes that it has displayed the next sceen.

Any ideas?

2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

The rescue CD is Linux and a weakness is that it sometimes lacks the proper drivers for your hardware.

For the Full version, try suggestion II in this thread. Be careful of the spellings of the command: quiet acpi=off noapic
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=55317

The Safe version is not Linux but a form of DOS. It does not support USB drives, networking, firewire, etc although some modern motherboards will provide this functionality. It just depends on your MB. It is intended for recovery from internal HDs. Where is your archive stored?

3. jon1

jon1 Registered Member

Thanks seekforever.
    I really appreciate your help and I will try it all.
    My archive is stored on disk outside Acronis Secure Zone.
    Regards Jon.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2008
  4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello jon1 and seekforever,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

jon1, if the mentioned workaround didn't help, please submit a request to Acronis Customer Service Department here

We will provide you with an ISO file to create another Acronis Booting Rescue Media, that is based on another loader and many additional drivers are added.

Thank you.

__

Oleg Lee

5. docedoc

docedoc Registered Member

I found this post while experiencing the same problem with True Image Home 11: selecting the drive to restore caused the system to beep and stop responding.

To my surprise, during the time I was researching the problem, TI moved to the next screen and after that the restore was successful. I suspect the system hang was TI busy doing other things (250GB destination drive and 20GB backup image) and beeping rather than responding to keyboard.

I had been in a loop of rebooting prior to giving TI time to respond. TI should put up a window showing progress or simply warning that this may take a long time but it doesn't. Oh, well.

So, the workaround is to wander off for a while (try 30 minutes or even overnight) and see if TI works things out or is truely hung. I do know that repeatedly rebooting doesn't fix the problem.

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello docedoc,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

I may recommend you to use our Live Chat service here. We will provide you with an ISO file to create another Acronis Booting Rescue Media. Maybe, it will run flawless for you.

Thank you.

--

Oleg Lee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.