Resource usage and other AV usage with Nil

Discussion in 'General Returnil discussions' started by GrammatonCleric, Aug 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrammatonCleric

GrammatonCleric Registered Member

New to this software and I am about to test it.
    However I have few questions:

1) What is the resource impact of this security software on system performance.

2) can it be used with current antivirus solutions like NOD32, Online Armour etc?

3) What product is recommended for use with Nod32 etc.

4) Scenario: I boot the system in it's secure mode but halfway through my system usage I decide to keep whatever has been created and updated on the system during that specific boot (run) session. DO I have an option to keep the files (keep the session) or will they automatically get deleted upon reboot?

2. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

1. Minimal
    2. All three versions including RSS which has an antimalware component are compatible with most 1st and 2nd tier AVs
    3. Any - please note however that there are differences between the 2x (RVS Lite) and 3x (RSS Pro/Free and RVS Pro 2011) versions of the software you should examine or test prior to deciding on one or the other of the versions.
    4. We address this in the following ways:

A. 2x (RVS Lite): uses a traditional folder/file exclusion process that is similar to other ISR type programs you have used.

B. 3x (RSS Pro/RVS Pro): uses a File Manager where you pre-define the files and folders (subs included) that you want changes saved to the real disk. So if I have a complicated document structure in Documents, I could select the documents folder and have any changes made to that content saved to the real disk manually (click to save now) or automatically using the included autosave option (Virtual Mode Tools > File Manager)

C. All versions: include a Virtual Disk that creates a file that windows sees as a real alternate partition or disk. This is also available in the free version of RSS.

Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.