Resolve ???

Discussion in 'Port Explorer' started by controler, Nov 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. controler

controler Guest

Hi

Could someone else try this for me please? I am running the trial at this time and don't want to run out my trial so soon.
    I am running Windows ME on this machine.

Click UTILITIES
    CLICK RESOLVE
    Now here is where you can try either way. It is your choice.
    Either type in some random IP address like 209.198.52.198
    into the solve IP box and do your search , then try nothing in either box and do a search. OR do the search with nothing typed into either box to start with.
    On my system, The search funtion stops till I restart Port Explorer.

YES Jooske, I am trying to do more with Port Explorer than just clicking a few buttons ;)
    I am sorry for using up bandwith though making too many posts here, since it is
    such a fresh new thread.

Thank You

2. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

controler,

I fail to see any reason and logic for doing so o_O Why on earth should someone perform a search on blanks?

Confirmed.

regards.

paul

3. controler

controler Guest

Paul? you mean why on earth would any of US do such a thing? You didn't mean why would the common computer USER do such a thing?
    My purpose is to get software to as simple of a GUI as possiable for the common household user.
    Once again, Sorry for posting here. I will try going to a USER forum or leaving e-mail to the developers ;)

4. Paul Wilders

controler,

I simply was looking for the logic in doing so, controler; seems a fair question to me.

IMHO that's a recommendable purpose indeed; never questioned that one.

Why should you apologize? It's the Open Port Explorer Forum ;)

Seems like you feel offended in one way or another. Be assured that hasn't been the intention from my reply. As for the Open user forum: that's right here. In case you feel more comfortable in emailing the developpers (the ones moderating this forum as well): that's a perfectly sound alternative as well.

regards.

paul

5. Phil

Phil Registered Member

Yep, happens here on XP Pro, as well. Seems you have found a bug in the GUI. Did you email DiamondCS and report this? I am trying to figure out the purpose of the world map. On my system and contrary to the help file, it doesn't do anything. I have noticed some different behavior in the primary process window. Sometimes it will display my fw process as hidden and sometimes not. I am trying to determine what causes the difference before I send them a note.

For an initial release, Port Explorer seems a very solid product. There are a few minor bugs here and there and I feel sure Wayne and the guys will get them sorted if we report them. So far, I have not found any major hitches in the get-along. :D

Phil

6. controler

controler Guest

I was guessing the world map was to display the origin of the attacker something like NEOTRACE does. Which is avaliable at webattack

Paul? Nope I wasn't offended but also didn't know if the was the open forum for the disscussions. Now I am aware of it lookm out LOL
    I am teasing again...
    Actualy I wasn't sure what jooske ment by only clicking a few buttons in her note to me. I am sure beta testing requires a lot of time and
    much more than just clicking a few buttons ;)

7. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Hi controler,

Thanks for the feedback, it looks like you have spotted one of the few remaining bugs :D

We expect this to be the situation, with most being ironed out after the second release. BTW if you are worried about the number of executions causing the trial to expire - do NOT close Port Explorer :) The resource usage is minimal even on a very slow machine so you can leave it running all the time.

8. controler

controler Guest

yes I am impressed with the low resource usage.
    I think I used up a half dozen trys with the last bug LOL
    You know I had to restart it over and over and over.
    to make sure I was seeing the bug correct

9. Paul Wilders

controler,

Good ;). Nothing wrong with some teasing at times!

Nice catch, btw! ;)

regards.

paul

10. Jason_DiamondCS

Jason_DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

This should also be fixed in the next version :)
    -Jason-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.