Resizing while restoring partition, tibs on removable media -- does it work?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by dgrrr, Aug 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dgrrr

dgrrr Registered Member

I am told that when you resize a partition while restoring it from multiple removable media (optical discs), it just asks you to keep swapping discs in over and over and over, without ever actually lifting any data from teh discs.

Is this true, or is there actually a limit to the number of times you have to swap disks back in and out, before it actually starts reading a significant amount of data from the discs?

2. MerlinAZ

MerlinAZ Registered Member

If you tell it to restore the partition and not the drive letter, it should give you the option to resize.

3. dgrrr

dgrrr Registered Member

pls read the above post

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Dgrrr,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

Please be aware that while restoring a disk\partition image with resizing the partitions it will be necessary to swap the CD/DVD disks more times than without resizing.

Our development team is working on optimization of this process at the moment.

If you have any further questions concerning Acronis software, please feel free to submit a request for technical support or post any of them on this forum. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Ivan Sarychev

5. dgrrr

dgrrr Registered Member

My basic question is - If I had to swap disks at least 30 times before I gave up, is that normal?

6. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

It's not clear from your original post whether your question is hypothetical or you have actually tried it. If so, how many disks does your "whole disk" image span?

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.