Resizing partitions with True Image

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by digicammad, Nov 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. digicammad

digicammad Registered Member

The new machine I just bought has a 250gb drive. The system was preconfigured with OpSys and software but they made the boot partition 105gb for some bizarre reason. I want to change the partition size to about 40gb instead, am I right in thinking that if I run FDISK to delete and recreate the partitions, TrueImage will restore my backup to the new partitions without resetting the sizes?

Cheers

2. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Yes. Your approach will work, but use of a partition program would be easier.

3. Cintra

Cintra Registered Member

One can also use True Image itself to resize during a restore..
    Mvh

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello digicammad,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

In addition to what Cintra has said, I would also like to note that you can find the detailed instructions on how to restore your image with or without changing the size of partitions in Acronis True Image 9.0 User's Guide.

Please also note that, as jmk94903 has mentioned above, you can use special partition management software in order to change the size of your system partition.

I would recommend you to use Acronis Disk Director Suite 10.0 for your purposes.

The free trial version of Acronis Disk Director Suite 10.0 is available here.

You can find more information on how to use Acronis Disk Director Suite 10.0 in the respective User's Guide.

Please visit Acronis online store to purchase the full version of the product.

If you have any further questions please feel free to ask.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.