Rescue Media Disk faulty???

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by duk, Nov 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. duk

duk Guest

I insatlled Acronis True Image 8.0 in my Desktop PC and created a Rescue Media Disk (CD). instead of installing True Image software again on my Laptop, I was trying to create the image of the laptop hard disk by simply booting from the Resue Media Disk.

I inserted the CD and booted the laptop. I got to True Image GUI. When I clicked create image (or for that matter any) icon the PC simply reboots.

-Do I have to have True Image installed on the PC to reate an Image? I am pretty sure I managed to create back image by just using the Rescue Media with the older version of True Image.

-Can a Rescue media created on another PC used to create the image of the laptop?

Thanks

2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello duk,

Was the boot rescue CD created using the latest (and final) build of TI 8 (Build 937)?

No, TI doesn't need to remain installed as the rescue CD contains a standalone, Linux based, version of TI.

Well, yes, you could because the rescue CD is non hardware specific. However, you would be violating the terms of the End User Licence as the rescue CD should only be used on the system that it was created on.

Regards

3. Othmar

Othmar Guest

duc,

while the rescue media _should_ be usable without having TI installed, you may want to make yourself familiar with setting up a Bart PE CD. This is assuming that you are using WIN XP SP2.

The Bart PE CD is similarly a rescue CD, but instead of starting into Linux, it will start into WIN XP from CD. Acronis has a TI8 plugin downloadable from their website which you can use to backup and restore your data. For my notebook, it does it to/from a USB2 external drive in half the time needed with the installed product.

Cheers: Othmar!

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello duk,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

As Menorcaman said, you can use Acronis True Image bootable rescue media to create and restore an image without the software installation on your computer.
    As for your second question, please be aware that according to Acronis software licensing policy, you should purchase one copy of Acronis program per every computer where it will be used.

Could you please do the following?

Please boot your computer from the Acronis True Image rescue disc and press F11 key when the selection screen appears. After you get the "Linux kernel command line" prompt, please modify it in the following way:

quiet acpi=off noapic

and click on the OK button.

If the problem still persists, please create Acronis Report and Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. Please also provide the information confirming your purchase of Acronis software (order number, e-mail, where did you purchase our product, etc.)

We will do our best in order to resolve the problem under consideration as soon as possible.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

5. duk

duk Guest

Thanks for the info. Using quiet acpi=off noapic in the Linux kernel command line didn't help. Still have the same problem.
    Just wondering I manage the get to the Linux shell by pressing f11 and removing the "quite". Is there any linux commend to create an image from the commandline?

I have give the desktop to my partner (of course after formatting the HDD). So, I am using the software only in 1 PC. Since I had the Bootable disk already on the CD, I just wanted to avoid installing True Image on the laptop to take the HDD image. Am I violating my software license here?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.