Rescue cd freezes midway...

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by tonyc, May 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tonyc

tonyc Registered Member

I have TI 8+ and a "full" bootable rescue disk. When I boot with it and try to explore an image, the program freezes halfway, as it is analyzing one of the partitions in my primary drive. I've checked the partitions for errors and they all seem ok. Also, I have no trouble using TI from Winxp. It happens only when I use the bootable cd. Any thoughts?

2. tonyc

tonyc Registered Member

Actually, I just noticed that it freezes when it's analyzing the external hard drive. It freezes halfway during the analysis. The hour glass is frozen and the external hardrive light is on.
    I have to do a hard reboot.

3. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Out of curiosity, what happens when you disconnect the external hard drive? Will the TI CD boot fully?

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello tonyc,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please describe what you are trying to do when you boot the computer with Acronis Bootable CD? I ask because Acronis True Image cannot explore images in stand-alone mode. The "Explore Image" wizard is available only under Windows. Did I get it right that you are able to boot Acronis Bootable CD normally?

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

5. keithfrench

keithfrench Registered Member

Hi Tony,

I have exactly the same problem, if you boot to the rescue cd and use check image (or worse still try restoring an image of your system disk) the PC totally hangs. I have a case open with the support department and currently they think it is down to hardware or a BIOS setting on my PC. I have tried stripping the PC down to bare bones and disabling any of the onboard devices on my motherboard such as the sound card, without success.

What does work however, is to request the BartPE plugin for TrueImage 8 from Acronis support and build a Bart CD. I used the drivers file from

http://ubcd4win.com/

and I have full network support as well. As the rescue cd is Linux and Bart uses your own WinXP CD, I think it might be a drivers issue. I would be very interested to know what motherboard you are using, I have the ASUS A7N8X (non delux model).

Keith.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.