Rescue CD does not boot up completely in w 7

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by Anderson2, May 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DrNick

DrNick Registered Member

Can someone please help me? I'm running Windows 7-64 bit. Like other people my Paragon Rescue CD is not working and I had an apparently catastrophic corruption of my MBR on my RAIDed C: drive. I should have an image of the C: drive from 4 days ago, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to copy it back using this software.

I am using the Version 9.5 Drive Backup Professional that was made free a week or so ago. I have gathered that I need to make a WinPe recovery disk. I've reinstalled basic Windows 7 and the Paragon Drive Backup software.

I can't seem to get the recovery disk to work following instructions in various parts of these forums. Even the application posted here seems to assume I want to use Paragon Partition Manager. Do I need to download some other Paragon software to include on the recovery disk? I made a disk pointing it to my Drive Backup launcher, which failed as soon as I got into Win PE.

Oh, and the links that are supposed to log you into your Paragon account on their website drop me off to a German language site where I can't figure out where to log into.

What is the easiest way for me to make a disc that will allow me to boot to it and copy over my C: drive?

Thanks

2. DrNick

DrNick Registered Member

Also, as a potential workaround, I installed windows onto an extra drive, and made it my C: drive when I rebooted. Now, my old C: drive is F: If I restore my old OS image using Paragon to the F: drive, is there any hope of rebooting using this reconstructed F:/C: drive?

3. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Yes, that should work fine - as long as the image you are restoring contains the raid drivers ( sounds like it does)

4. DrNick

DrNick Registered Member

Yep, that workaround actually worked great. Only problem is now my computer thinks I have 2 windows installations, even though I formatted the new drive after I got my original C: drive back up and running. Anyone know how to get ride of the screen that asks you to choose a Windows installation to boot?

thanks

5. wardell1

wardell1 Registered Member

Hello SIW2-Thanks for the information. I tried taking the disc out of the cd/dvd tray and it booted to Win 7. I also set for the boot manager to boot to win 7 on boot up presently. This feature can be disabled at any time. I wonder if the Boot Manager would boot if there is a boot problem? Thanks.

6. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Type msconfig in start search - click the BOOT Tab , highlight and delete the entry you don't want ( you can't delete the one set to default - if necessary, change the default first, then delete unwanted entry).

To make a boot disc, copy and paste the entire contents of the WIN7 32 BIT recovery disc to your HD.

D/l this, http://cid-b0a22789320e3247.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/pe/HDMaddPAT.zip
    unzip it, run the self extract .exe. You will get a folder HDMaddPAT.

Inside there rt click and run as admin on MakeDBProWinPe3.cmd.

You can add your raid drivers in if you have the 32BIT win7 raid drivers in .inf format.

Hope it helps.

7. wardell1

wardell1 Registered Member

I made a win 7 recovery cd earlier and it boots directly to win 7. Thanks.:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.