Rescue Boot Problem

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Larryo, Aug 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Larryo

Larryo Registered Member

Just updated to Version 9 from 7
    I booted with the Rescue CD I made for first time to test it. It boots to the menu giving options for "Safe, Full, Windows and Exit". All options work except Full which only goes to the screen displaying "Acronis, Loading, please wait..." in upper left corner. Same results by using the F11 option and adding "Quiet acpi=off noapic" to Linux Kernel Setting and selecting Full. If I use F11 and remove "quiet" from setting and select Full it stops before getting to the "#". The last few lines that it gave indicated that the external SCSI ORB drive I have was causing the problem as it was unable to read the partition table. I did not have, and I do not normally leave a disk in this drive.

If I insert a disk into the drive and boot with the Rescue CD all options function normal. The ORB drive is connected to a Tekram 395U SCSI card and my system is Windows XP Pro w/latest updates

This never occurred with my previous version 7, rescue CD.

Why does the rescue CD now require having a disk in the drive to use the Full option?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Larryo,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

Could you please boot your computer from the Acronis True Image rescue disc and press F11 key when the selection screen appears? After you get the "Linux Kernel Settings" prompt, please remove the word "quiet", click on the "OK" an select to boot the full version of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home. Wait until screen stop scrolling and write down the five (5) last lines of the output information you receive, or use a digital camera to make shots of the output screens (You can use Shift+PgUp and Shift+PgDn keys to scroll the screen manually).

Please also create Acronis Report and Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post when the external SCSI ORB drive is connected.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.