Replication questions

Discussion in 'ESET Server & Remote Administrator' started by s0kra7es, Nov 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. s0kra7es

s0kra7es Registered Member

I am new with the ERAC, and I am having problems configuring replication. I have the ports (2846) open between both boxes. What I am unsure of is what I am supposed to put in for the master/server slave name. Do I use the full netbios name, do I use //name or //ip. Ultimately, replication keeps failing and I am trying to lock down why, and progress from there.

Thanks in advance.

2. dwomack

dwomack Eset Staff Account

3. s0kra7es

Thank you, I have seen this article, and used it originally to guide my way. It's kinda vague when discussing the server names to be used as master slave. The slave server is at another site, but with a vpn connection to my site. Both are reachable from each other. That's where the name comes in, as far as what it's looking for and the format of inserting the name.

4. s0kra7es

This thread can be marked as closed, I resolved my problem.

In case people are wondering, I did not use FQDN for the servers, I just used the name (xxserver1 xxserver2). set up replication passwords for both ends.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.