Reparing Email Scan Text All over My Messages

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Nodyes, Jun 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nodyes

Nodyes Registered Member

Is there any way to repair the damage done by the email scanner once it has written this garbage at the end of my email messages without asking?

"__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 3159 (20080605) __________

The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.

http://www.eset.com
    "

2. Manu7204

Manu7204 Registered Member

There is no need to be that harsh.
    If you don't like the default settings you are free to change them (see the attached picture)

Attached Files:

3. goran_larsson

goran_larsson Registered Member

I don't think that it's the default setting either on any release after 3.0.642.

maybe nod32 was installed with an older version 3.0.566 or 3.0.621 and later upgraded ?

/Göran

4. Philippe_FR22

Philippe_FR22 Registered Member

I suppose that you are infected by a badware more and more frequent which consist on deleting all words like
    - Hello, Hi...
    - Thank you...
    - Regards
    - Welcome...

5. Nodyes

Nodyes Registered Member

I apologize for coming across rudely and thank you for pointing out where the setting is.

NOD32 is the best Antivirus out there. One of its strengths is that it works silently, without nagging the user with questions. However, this means taking responsibility for default settings so that they don't affect the content of clean data.
    We have an archive of emails that are formatted precisely for automation purposes. This default setting has ruined countless such emails! Please, cut me some slack!

Regards

6. Nodyes

Nodyes Registered Member

No, I'm just human and not feeling very pleased at the situation of having had countless emails formatted for automation ruined silently by the best Antivirus software on the planet.

Best regards ;)

7. Nodyes

Nodyes Registered Member

I think you're right. I now have 3.0.657. This has it turned off by default.

Nodyes

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.