Renewing/Upgrading to Multiuser License

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by sflorack, Jan 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sflorack

sflorack Registered Member

I have a current single user license for NOD32 set to expire in August 2008.

If I renew for another year now to the three user license, is it safe to assume that I'll have a 3-user license until August 2009?

Thanks in advance!

2. piranha

piranha Registered Member

no

in my experience, licence time runs from the day you receive password and user name. Install one of them one months later, you lost a month..... Do you realy believe Eset will give you free months (february to august 2008 and after to august 2009 !!) for 2 licences ?!!!

Last edited: Jan 25, 2008
  3. sflorack

You edited your response after I read it, so now I will reply. ;)

No, I certainly don't expect a company to honor my years of business with "something for nothing". There are a few points that can be made here, however:

• If I could receive a prorated portion of the remaining time on my single license and have it credited so that I can apply it to a multiuser license, I'd be happy. If this is impossible due to the shortcomings of ESET's billing system, I'm afraid I cannot be compassionate.

Just as you comment ESET shouldn't be giving me something for nothing, I also don't feel compelled to provide ESET with more money for an overlapping license.

• I am willing to bet that a good percentage of people who have more than one computer with NOD installed do NOT own a multiuser license. I'm trying to do the right thing here by purchasing an upgrade, but will not be forced into (see item #1) overlapping licenses.

There HAS to be middle ground here somewhere.

4. PaulB2005

PaulB2005 Registered Member

I'm wondering this too. I have 2 PCs and want to get a license for the second one when this one runs out.

Also i have a client with 5 PCs (3 on one license and 1 on another and 1 on another) and they wish to amalgamate all the licenses into one license.

5. sflorack

I am in contact with ESET support regarding this issue, and will post back when I find out the results. So far, it looks like they'll only offer a discount to upgrade to ESS (not just by purchasing more licenses of NOD).

6. sflorack

In discussion with two ESET resellers, and both state that upgrading to a 3 user license would keep my current expiration and add how ever many years I purchase.

ESET corporate only offers an upgrade to ESS.

Once I settle on a reseller, I'll post back here if I encounter any problems.

7. sflorack

FOLLOWUP: I was able to successfully upgrade my one user license to a three user license without losing any time on my subscription.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.