Renewing NOD32 Question

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by gracie123, May 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gracie123

gracie123 Registered Member

Hello,

I am thinking of purchasing a NOD32 subscription but wondering how I will be notified when my subscription has ended and I need to renew... will NOD32 let me know somehow or?

Thanks,

Gracie

2. eisefr

eisefr Registered Member

That's how it is in Germany.
    I received an emails which reminded me about the expiration of my license.

That was about 6-7 weeks before the expiration date.

So there was time enough to renew my license.

3. vince35

vince35 Registered Member

NOD32 (french v.) displayed a pop up to remind me the day of the end of my licence ...

You should also receive an email from you NOD's reseller

4. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    Pop up balloons in your systray a bit before it's time to expire.

5. berng

berng Registered Member

I read somewhere the pop up doesn't work all the time or maybe its not notieced. Maybe I'm wrong.

The email mail notification isn't that useful. I could change my email address and have fogttoen to notify all the vendors.

The next major NOD release should include the expiration date in the system info screen.

6. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

This is technically impossible for the time being.

7. gracie123

Hi everyone, thanks! I will check my email and also pay attention for a pop up from NOD32 when it is time and if I buy NOD32 :).

Gracie

8. ASpace

ASpace Guest

7 days before the licence is about to expire , you will receive a pop-up from NOD32 telling you that the subscription will expire.

Also , the NOD32 representative should contact you before your licence is going to expire ;)

9. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

ahh... I beg to differ - it's EASY to implement, and this is why...

NOD32 communicates with an update server which uses the HTTPD basic authentication method as a means of validation. The file returned is a update.ver file.... this can be generated on the fly using a server side process which then includes the expiration date in the file (update.ver) that is returned. The NOD32 windows application then extracts said date for display in the gui.

It's technically very easy to implement, but would cause server side issues of extra load on the update servers in producing an "on-the-fly" update.ver that is different based on the AV number used to request the file.

Now perhaps there is something within the gui itself which can't extract a date, but given the pure genius of the programmers in the first place, this would HAVE to be trivial to overcome.

10. gracie123

Thank you very much for the info! :D

11. vince35

vince35 Registered Member

I agree with Webyourbusines...

I think the ability for an AV to display the end licence date in its GUI is a basic and obvious feature !

I'm very Amazed about this "Lack" :eek: ... and hope it will be present in v.3 :)

12. NOD32 user

NOD32 user Registered Member

Every time I wonder when my licence will expire I just read either my licence email or the hard copy I printed out. This foolproof system is very easy to implement. When you get your licence, print a copy and then don't delete the original. This way any licenced user of NOD32 can easily tell when thier licence will come up for renewal.
    Just because some other products (even if that is all other products) have a feature, I see no need to keep adding features that replicate what you can already do just as simply yourself. Every 'feature' adds RAM and CPU load, something NOD32 is well known for being very light on. I would like this to continue.

Cheers :)

13. berng

berng Registered Member

I don't see how much overhead there can possibly be in adding one more line on the system info screen for the expiration date. We're already getting back the version info which is listed. ESET knows when the user expires, so also pass back the expiration date.

It would be cumbersome if I had to keep manual track of every expiration date. Ewido does it, and I'm sure ESET can also do this.

This issue keeps coming up over and over on this forum. It should be resolved.

I also understand if renewal is done before expiration, then a discount applies. One week notice is not enough. Too bad if you go on vacation for 2 or 3 weeks.

14. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Renewal can be completed at any point prior to the expiration date, and should you miss this date you can renew up to 30 days after your expiration, however in saying this your computer will be at risk from any new viruses/trojans, as it will no longer update until a valid license is purchased.

Cheers :D

15. CJsDad

CJsDad Registered Member

Has the renewal date issue been fixed?

The problem is or was when I renewed my license ahead of time like I did last month my renewal became effective from that date.

For instance my license expires today May 5th but I renewed it back in April so now my next renewal shows as being April 2007 which means I lose out on an entire month.

I had e mailed customer service and they sent me an email stating that my license renewal had been updated for 5/5/07

16. Kathyhl

Kathyhl Registered Member

I have a question, and in trying to read all the posts, I don't believe this question has come up, but if it has, please accept my apologies for repeating. I just had a box come up saying I needed to renew by May 14, so I went in and paid for a 2 year renewal. I then got an e-mail which said if I wanted to track it, to go to a certain link, which I did, but there was nothing there. Also, it never asked me for shipping and handling $, but the e-mail they sent me leads me to believe it will be sent? I originally got the Nod32 from this site, I was picked to have a year free, so I'm wondering if I should have put anything else in? Any insight on this would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you very much for your time.

Kathy

17. Blackspear

That is not the usual, and emailing as you did to the Reseller or Distributor to have such a mistake corrected is the right course of action.

18. Blackspear

No need to applogise for asking questions Kathy, always feel free to ask away.

Are you talking about an email received from a Reseller or Distributor advising of your renewal date?

Where/who exactly did you pay for your renewal.

Can you please send me a Private Message.

There is no shipping and handling, you will receive your new Username and Password by email.

No, just the details that they request is suffice.

19. LokiLoki

LokiLoki Guest

Hi,

I have a question too.
    I bought the software before the website changed. I was able to select the official US estore and I bought it from there.

So now if I were to renew, can I do it through my local country estore( the website detected it when I clicked purchase ) ?

The price difference is like 10 US dollars so I hope I can do it through my local country estore.

20. Blackspear

You should be able to renew locally without an issue, simply quote your Username (AV- number) when it comes time to do so.

21. LokiLoki

LokiLoki Guest

Thanks Blackspear.

22. Blackspear

My pleasure.

23. gracie123

Hi everyone... I just renewed my NOD32 subscription for 2 years. Will I be able to get a free upgrade to NOD32 version 3 or whichever version is planned to be released in the near future?

Thanks!

Gracie

24. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

Yes you will get a free upgrade.

25. gracie123

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.