renewal status?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by sag, Feb 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sag

sag Registered Member

Where do I find, on my currently installed copy of NOD32, the location that tells me the date that my copy is good till?
    I've looked in the help section, but didn't see the renewal date.

2. ThomasC

ThomasC Former ESET Support Rep

Hello,

If you don't see it there you can try going to Help>>verify license validity and then wait and check the Help>>about screen again.

Alternatively you could go to the ESET lost license page and have an email sent to you that will contain the expiration date.

3. sag

sag Registered Member

Interestingly I did get an email when I updated my copy that gave me the Id and password to use to update my current copy of NOD32. The email said that I was good till 2/9/2012, however when I tried to do a verify license, in NOD32, as you suggested, I got the following message...see attachment.
    I do not see anywhere in the Help screen the 2/9/2012 renewal date.
    By the way, Eset now says that I have the Maximum protection and the taskbar Icon has returned to green indicating that all is well.

Attached Files:

4. ThomasC

Is your client configured to update to the ESET servers or is it configured to update from your own local server?

If it is configured to look at your local mirror then it does not have the user name and password and is working as designed. Without the user name and password it has no way to check the validity.

If it is configured to update from the ESET Servers and you have the user name and password inputted then it should work. If you force an update on the client does it prompt you for a user name and password? If so, it needs to be re-entered as it is entered incorrectly.

5. sag

sag Registered Member

I guess I am not quite sure what you mean. Whatever Eset defaulted to is how it is set up. See attachment for what I think you are referring too. Should this be changed? I've used NOD32 for years and never even considered this server setting.

Attached Files:

6. ThomasC

Everything looks correct as far as I can see from the screen shots provided. I wouldn’t be too concerned, your license is valid. It sounds like you may have just needed to wait to try again later as stated in the original error message.

7. sag

sag Registered Member

I kinda thought everything was OK, however, I have tried the validation link several times over the last few days with the same results. Guess I won't be concerned about it.
    Thanks for all the help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.