Renewal problems

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by splint, Jul 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. splint

splint Registered Member

Hi

We bought EE server, with 23 users, for one year in May 2006. In May 2007 we received the email notice to renew it, but, due to finnancial problems, we didn't renew it in that days.

Now, we want to renew the licence, with the same configuration, but the Nod32 representative in Romania tells us that we cannot renews it anymore and we have to buy a new licence. The difference is significant (aprox 300 USD) and I feel that this is an unfair policy.

Please tell me if this is NOD32 policy in general or it is only a local decision here, may an abuse.
    Thank you very much
    Daniel

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hello and Welcome to Wilders!

Yes , generally this is the Eset NOD32 policy all over the world . You can renew a license with the discount max 30 day after the expiration date (e.g. you license expired on 30 May 2007 and you can renew no longer than 30 June 2007) . After this 30 days grace period you can no longer get the same discounted prices , so generally this is the policy . Everything else is up to the Romanian distributor and Eset :thumb:

3. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

it's unfortunate, but there has to be a point where renewal pricing no longer exists.... sorrry you fell foul of this, but you're past the cutoff. Everyone should be aware of the 30 day policy, but I'm not sure if it's published anywhere... Hitech_boy is right though, we operate by those same rules here in the USA as well - I think it's around the globe...

4. splint

splint Registered Member

Yes, but:
    1. this issue was not properly published anywhere
    2. the notifying message said that we can renew it in 10 days from the expiring moment. But there is no discussion about the fact that after that we can no longer renew it. We could simply understand that after this period of time, we won't have updates and so on...
    And, finaly, I think that after 45 days from the expiration day, it is absurde to be forced to buy it from the scratch. The difference is over 300 usd...
    What can be done?

5. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

your only recourse is via your distributor - ask them nicely - they have the ability to make exceptions - but that's ENTIRELY up to them... I'd be more worried about the time you're not getting adequate protection than the $300 USD... you're already 45+ days pit of sync with the best protection you can get quickly, and the longer you leave it, the more exposure you have. At the end of the day, is a cleanup of an infection going ot cost more than $300 in man hour and lost productivityo_O

6. splint

splint Registered Member

Yes you are right, but after beeing a client of ESET - Romania, after paying a significant amount of money, I would expect a totaly different attitude. Yes, it is more important to be protected (from my point of view), but also it is important to be treated according to the client-provider loyality relationship.
    Which was not the case here. We paid a new licence... with only a small discount. Meaning almost 250 USD in plus

7. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hi ! Thank you for letting us know . Keep informed so that next time you don't get into similar situation . You may ask any questions here regarding Eset products or ask your local Romanian support :thumb: Enjoy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.