Renewal problem

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by MichaelJH, Jun 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MichaelJH

MichaelJH Registered Member

Purchased on the US website, no problem. But using the popup link, the 1 or 2 yr renewal buttons don't work. Frustrating.

Emailed support request, but wondering if anyone has any idea what the problem is?

(edit)
    The renewal links begin with:
    Javascript:_utmlinker followed by a url
    I copied the shortcut, pasted it in the Open box and got renewed (at least paid for it, and got a receipt). But I'm curious about "utmlinker". What is it, and why doesn't it work for XP sp2 in IE6? I have Sun Java and this is the first time a Javascript has failed.

Thanks in advance, Mike

Last edited: Jun 21, 2006
  2. MichaelJH

MichaelJH Registered Member

I Googled "utmlinker"

__utmLinker is a JavaScript function that is used when the links on your site require users to change root domain names - for example, from www.example.com to www.shoppingcart.com. For instructions on setting this up, please read How do I use Google Analytics to track a 3rd-party shopping cart?

So, question answered, but why use something that isn't 100% reliable (my search confirmed that), and could delay or prevent a renewal?

NOD32 is worth the hassle, and I can understand setting up a 3rd party store, but if my problem is not unique, the new store may be more of a burden than in house renewals.

3. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

I have notified our webmaster and will let you know as soon as I hear back.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.