Renewal problem

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by MichaelJH, Jun 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MichaelJH

MichaelJH Registered Member

Purchased on the US website, no problem. But using the popup link, the 1 or 2 yr renewal buttons don't work. Frustrating.

Emailed support request, but wondering if anyone has any idea what the problem is?

(edit)
    The renewal links begin with:
    Javascript:_utmlinker followed by a url
    I copied the shortcut, pasted it in the Open box and got renewed (at least paid for it, and got a receipt). But I'm curious about "utmlinker". What is it, and why doesn't it work for XP sp2 in IE6? I have Sun Java and this is the first time a Javascript has failed.

Thanks in advance, Mike

Last edited: Jun 21, 2006
  2. MichaelJH

MichaelJH Registered Member

I Googled "utmlinker"

__utmLinker is a JavaScript function that is used when the links on your site require users to change root domain names - for example, from www.example.com to www.shoppingcart.com. For instructions on setting this up, please read How do I use Google Analytics to track a 3rd-party shopping cart?

So, question answered, but why use something that isn't 100% reliable (my search confirmed that), and could delay or prevent a renewal?

NOD32 is worth the hassle, and I can understand setting up a 3rd party store, but if my problem is not unique, the new store may be more of a burden than in house renewals.

3. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

I have notified our webmaster and will let you know as soon as I hear back.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.