"Renew" Using OEM CD???

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Juan de Carmen, Sep 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juan de Carmen

Juan de Carmen Registered Member

Hi,

I have a now-expired installation of NOD32 2.7 that I installed from an OEM CD from NewEgg.

I have another new/unused OEM 2.7 CD. What is the best way to "renew" my NOD32, using this new OEM CD? Must I uninstall the expired one & then install the new one? Or is there an easier/simpler way that wouldn't trash my settings, etc? Cd I install the new/unused CD over the old instalation? Or even better, is there a way I cd activate the new CD's license (using its serial #) w/o having to mess w installing it?

I haven't been able to find info abt this in the knowledgebase or FAQ -- cd be there, but I cdn't find it.

Many TIA,
    Warren

2. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

register the new OEM CD for a username/password on the day of expiration of your old username/password.

unlike purchasing a renewal - where the dates can be made to match up, the OEM runs 1 year from activation - so don't activate early.

No install is required - just put in the new username and password.

3. Juan de Carmen

Juan de Carmen Registered Member

Thx, webyourbusiness.

What u suggest is just what I hoped I cd do. However, wdn't there b a problem, since the new UN & PW wd have been issued to match with an install that has the new OEM CD's serial #, whereas what's actually still installed has the original/1st CD's serial #??

Moreover, how do I "register the new OEM CD"? From the knowledgebase topic "What is the point of CD registration? (2.7)":

"To register ESET NOD32 and receive a valid username and password, navigate to the Activation Page on our web site. Fields with a red asterisk are required, and it is especially important that the E-mail address and Serial Number fields are filled out correctly to ensure that the license is registered and sent to the correct email address. ..."

However, when I go to the Activation Page (using the link on the above KB topic's page (ie http://www.eset.com/activate/index.php)), there is no form on the page, only the text:

"Activate ESET Software

Activation Form

You're one step away from experiencing the world's most proactive protection. Just complete the form and you'll be prepared for anything."

The potential early activation issue u warn about shd not b a problem, since "I have a now-expired installation of NOD32 2.7" (from my OP).

Again, thanks.
    Warren

4. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

http://www.eset.com/activate/ works for me - the activation form loads in a few seconds.

if you have problems, contact ESET directly.

The CD key will give you a new username/password and you just use those in your settings and then you will be good for another year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.