Removing

Discussion in 'ESET Server & Remote Administrator' started by Dennis VJ, Nov 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dennis VJ

Dennis VJ Registered Member

Hi,

Every time I install a new client on a computer I have an option where I have to choose "enable detection of potentially unwanted applications" .

How or where can I define this option as default in the cfg.xml and avoid to ask this during the initial setup ?

Thanks

2. MattJN

MattJN Former ESET Support Rep

Hello,

If you open configuration editor in RA and expand Windows desktop v5 > Realtime file system protection > Scanner > Options, the option for Potentially unwanted applications is there. You will use this configuration to build a push installation package and not be prompted with that question.

However, if you are not pushing your installations, and you are installing locally each time, you can follow this:

Open a command prompt and change the working directory to the saved location of your .msi file.

Use the path below, and be sure to include the quotation marks and replace "C:\Documents and Settings\eset\Desktop..." with the location of the file on your machine:

"C:\Documents and Settings\eset\Desktop\package_nt32.exe" /quiet REBOOT="ReallySuppress"

This avoids having to set the options in the installation wizard entirely.

Thanks,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.